Custom Car Chronicle

Willie Wilde, 50 Fords, and me

Home Forums CCC Forum Willie Wilde, 50 Fords, and me

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    David Clark
    Participant

awesome build pics , looking good, and very cool story to have someone like Willie build with you. Must of learned alot.

Keith Daleen
    Participant

Nice looking chop. Love the pictures of the work being done and the surprises you found hidden behind that red paint.

Keith

Cousin Eric
    Participant

Thanks for all the kind words! Willie was really surprised when I showed him this site, he was speechless (which is rare..haha). I hope to bring more updates on the Ford as they unfold and thanks again Rik for a place for us custom guys.

Cousin Eric
    Participant

A few updates, it finally stopped raining long enough for me to pull the car outside for a proper profile shot. and vent windows are almost complete just a little tweaking to make them perfect.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks for the new update photos Eric.
    Man that side profile.. the size and shape of the windows and the roof shape… so perfect.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Bickford
    Participant

Eric
    The car looks really good!! I love how the roof is chopped. I really like how Willy left the body line at the lower part of the rear chop. Most people just bring the bottom of the window flat to the deck lid. To me this is a old trick and one that still makes it look factory. This is gonna look amazing rolling down the road.

Jason

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

Willie Wilde is cool! There is a great photo of him with his hair all slicked back standing by one of his cars in Andy Southard’s book “Custom Cars Of The 1950s.” I’d scan it and post it here, but I heard that Andy Southard gets pretty upset about that type of thing!

Trend Books Custom Cars Annuals
    www.trendcustomcars.com

I agree with all the comments – slick and sleek. The top chop looks absolutely right. You and Willie have great instincts and skills. I often wonder why I see a great many other shoebox Fords chopped leaving a slight uphill line at the top of the door from the A to B pillars.. kinda take all the flow out of the chop. You fellas truly nailed the shape! Slick, sleek and very sweet!
    Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.