Custom Car Chronicle

The Jim Street Estate. Uncovered Golden Sahara

Home Forums CCC Forum The Jim Street Estate. Uncovered Golden Sahara

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Ricardo
    Participant

Ricardo
    Participant

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks Ricardo. Those are priceless.

I hope some more will be found in the James Street Collection. Jim told me there were a few more tapes he had, that he would put on DVD one day… Sadly that never happened. Lets hope they will be found.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The Golden Sahara and the Kookie Kar have now been moved to the Auction hall.

Great to see them sitting side by side.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More soon

Mark Spooner
    Participant

So wish I had won the lottery and could have a bid………………………………..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Well its went for a bit less that I had expected,, and thought it was worth. $350,000 plus fees.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Including Fee’s

Gee, I would have expected those numbers to be flipped.. Ā with the G.S. going for the bigger number. Ā Never can tell with these things!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Torchie
    Participant

I’m not surprised that the Kookie T went higher then the GSII.Ā  The GSII is not to every ones taste.

I didn’t think it would bring that much. I was thinking around $250,00.

Anyone know who bought it?

Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

I figured $400,000 would be the upper end for GS and with fees it was right in that range. Customs just don’t bring huge dollars. It also doesn’t surprise me in the least the Kookie went for more a I suspect there is a far bigger market for an iconic hotrod than custom.

mrjynx
    Participant

just think how much money time man-hours theyre going to have to put into restoring it tho.

lets just hope they do it right and don’t have any mad plans or cut any corners.

or evenĀ  justĀ let us see it for that matter.

KingKustoms
    Participant

It was interesting to see these two cross the block…not as exciting as I thought, but still historical. I was surprised at first that the Kookie T brought more, but now it kind of makes sense. Both cars had a ton of publicity in their heyday, both were trend-setting, and both were either in a movie or TV show. Like people have said, I believe the prices were set by the desirability of each. Either way, I can’t wait to find out the next plans for either car and I really hope all of us will get to see them in person before, during, or after their restorations.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks like Larry Klairmont from Chicago has bought the Golden Sahara to add it to his large Klairmont Kollection.

Klairmont-Collection

Torchie
    Participant

Looks like Larry Klairmont from Chicago has bought the Golden Sahara to add it to his large Klairmont Kollection. Klairmont-Collection

No wonder I was out bid…..LOL

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.