Custom Car Chronicle

The Jim Street Estate. Uncovered Golden Sahara

Home Forums CCC Forum The Jim Street Estate. Uncovered Golden Sahara

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Mild Mitch
    Participant

I’d have to agree completely Jeff.

Mitch

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Only TEN days away….

Here are some more recent… and old photos of the Golden Sahara and Kookie-T.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

kustomland
    Participant

Gosh it would be hard buying the car and not having the money to buy the boat to go with it…!!!!

KUSTOMLAND

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Still can not get over the collection this man had.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Golden-Sahara-Auction-Times-w

According the people at Mecum Auctions the Golden Sahara auction will start around 2 pm Eastern US time. The Kookie Kar will be next.

The event will be broadcast on NBCSN, but a live feed will also be done on the Mecum YOUTUBE Channel, which will be hosted from the Mecum website.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From the Rodder’s Journal at the Mecum event

“Aside from new rubber to make the car mobile, this is exactly how the Golden Sahara looked when it was unwrapped at Jim Skonzakes’ house just a short time ago. ”

roddersjournal_32467048_1583544495088130_8162539291113684992_n

GS-RJ-01

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Wesley Wren photos.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From the Mecum Auction people…

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow! Thank you for those pictures!!!

I’m at a loss as to what this thing will bring…$350k? $700k? A million? Or maybe a lot less…hard to say. I really hope the new owner considers the best options for its restoration or preservation. It would be wonderful to see it displayed as-is for a while, then maybe restore it to all of its former show car glory. Or salvage every last bit of what is still presentable on the car- carpets, upholstery, etc… and only replace what really needs to be replaced or restored. Either way, I just hope it doesn’t end up in a private collection unseen by the public eye. This car has been screaming to show itself off again for the past 50 years.

We should start an online poll as to what the final hammer price might be!!!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Torchie
    Participant

Wow! Thank you for those pictures!!! I’m at a loss as to what this thing will bring…$350k? $700k? A million? Or maybe a lot less…hard to say. I really hope the new owner considers the best options for its restoration or preservation. It would be wonderful to see it displayed as-is for a while, then maybe restore it to all of its former show car glory. Or salvage every last bit of what is still presentable on the car- carpets, upholstery, etc… and only replace what really needs to be replaced or restored. Either way, I just hope it doesn’t end up in a private collection unseen by the public eye. This car has been screaming to show itself off again for the past 50 years. We should start an online poll as to what the final hammer price might be!!!

I’m not even going to venture a guess.. If it were me bidding I would make sure that I got every piece of anything that had to do with either car.

I had an interesting talk about this auction with a couple of world class wooden boat restorers  I know that happen to have shops out here in podunkville where I live. There is a huge buzz about this, as much for all the boats and marine engines as there is for the GSII and the Kookie T.

Going to be a biggie. If my internet is working that day I will have to tune in.

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

First items have been sold… (Prices listed are including Auction fee)

Jim-Street-Estate-Sold-Items-01

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Some of the boat engines on display at the mecum Auction.

And they went for prices all over the place…

Some of Jim’s “smaller” boats have been auctioned as well. The more important bigger boats will be auctioned on Saturday.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Few more photos of the Golden Sahara on display at the Mecum event.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.