Custom Car Chronicle

The Jim Street Estate. Uncovered Golden Sahara

Home Forums CCC Forum The Jim Street Estate. Uncovered Golden Sahara

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

we all knew the day would come. I am sorry Jim didnt have the chance to decide what would happen to them. i guess he thought he would live another 10 years, and finnish the restoration he talked about. i should have bought it Rik…if you thinking there is a piece of flakepaint missing on the Kookie…i know why haha..

Are you saying that you had the chance to buy the Sahara but didn’t Palle????

As a Judge once said to me. “What were you thinking, Boy.”………:)

Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

I wonder if this set of tires still exist. Maybe stashed away in Mr Streets warehouse ??

Torchie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant
    Torchie
    Participant

Does any one know if the Auction in May includes the Kookie T and other things for Mr Streets estate?

The only thing mentioned in the auction ad is the Sahara.

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Yes, the Kookie T and the Maltese Falcom are part of the auction… Possibly other items as well, but I do not know for sure at this moment. I hope to find out more soon.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The Golden Sahara Auction will include a lot of original receipts from 1958-and early ’59, as well as original photos.

Torchie
    Participant

Yes, the Kookie T and the Maltese Falcom are part of the auction… Possibly other items as well, but I do not know for sure at this moment. I hope to find out more soon.

Thanks Rik. I’m sure that you will keep us updated.

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Over the last week or so more items have been added to the Jim Street estate Collection Auction on the Mecum site. and as far as I know many more will follow. I have seen a lot more when I was with Jim in 2012, that I have not yet seen listed.

Some of these wonderful boats from Jim’s Collection I had seen, others are also completely new to me. He had just such an absolutely amazing Collection.

Here is a link to Jim’s Collection on the Mecum Site

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Mecum is now also listing Jim Street‘s huge and Amazing Boat Engine Collection.

Here is a great photo of Jim’s “Maltese Falcon” boat at one of the trips they made in the 1980’s. The Maltese Falcon will also be auctioned at mecum

Mark Spooner
    Participant

WoW what a collection!, plus all those boat motors!……………………………

Torchie
    Participant

WOW indeed!

Some pretty rare boats there.

Come on Lottery win….LOL

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Golden-Sahara-Mecum-Outdoors

Golden-Sahara-Mecum-Outdoors-02

Golden-Sahara-movie

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

If I had the money I would have to buy the Maltese Falcon before anything else. That is a rare one and the KING of the water.

Great photos and article on Jim’s collection. I just can’t believe the boats he had in his stable.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Golden-Cobra-BW-01-w

Maltese-Falcon-in-water-w

Golden-Cobra-Gloria-01-w

Torchie
    Participant

Lots of Rare stuff. Boats and Motors.

I’d by the Packard PT boat engine as well as some of the others even if all I did was stare at them…….:)

I’m interested to see what the Cobra goes for given that Mr Street customized it.

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.