Custom Car Chronicle

Welcome to the CC-Chronicle Forum

Home Forums CCC Forum Welcome to the CC-Chronicle Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Silva
    Participant

Thank you, for archiving and chronicling such a rich history of custom cars…

Lou Kriger
    Participant

Iā€™m new to the site, so Iā€™m trying to figure this out. (Kinda navigating without a compass.) or map. Being a Muscle car guy in my younger days, never put that 51ā€™ Ā Merc out of my teenage mind, soooo….after many years I set a goal (mentally) to buy one by the time I had my 51st birthday (2001). Found a nice one in Iowa. Struck a deal, made some new friends and had it transported to my home in Western Pa. Yeah that PA.(home of the Steelers, Penguins, and Pittsburgh Pirates). Been observing the Jalopy Journal site and participating some which brought me to Rikā€™s site, a fellow H.A.M.B.er suggested it. So thanks guys (&gals) for listening to my ramblings.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Hi and welcome! I’m partial to ’51 Mercs, and yours is a very nice car. I’m just another guy here and really enjoy all the posts and creativity which manifests here. I’m sure you will too!

Mild Mitch

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Welcome Lou, Love your ’51. Looks like a typical Street Custom from back in the mid 1950’s. I really like the way you did the lip on the hood and the grille with the bumper guard sections removed. Did you use two ’51 grilles to make that, or an old aftermarket piece to fill those holes in the grille?

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

KustomKreeps
    Participant

hey ya

New here. A chap on HAMB thought I should post my build thread here.

Just currently looking about but may copy paste it over to here as well if its alright.

I current driver is a 52 Buick and the current project is a 49 four door Hudson.

Hudson is getting a 401 Nailhead, C notch and new front sub, air bags, 50 buick grill, shaved and well list goes on.

Alex

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Welcome KustomKreeps.

Hope you will enjoy it here. If you need assistance copy the HAMB thread over to the CCC, let me know.

Capri Power
    Participant

Hey, I am Christophe.

We love to cruise to Classic/Custom Car Shows.

Our rides are a 1973 Ford Capri 2600GT & 1980 Buick Electra Estate Wagon

We are from Belgium…

http://cpmp.be

Pete
    Participant
    1. G’day from Australia, I’m just new to this forum, this is my 36 5 window coupe, all original still. Im still deciding the look I’ll go forĀ 20180317_103645
    David Emmel
    Participant

Rik,

You do an amazing job on keeping the history of Kustoms and more importantly providing new content on historic facts – fascinating. Ā Had the pleasure of meeting you and receiving your book at GNRS with Jack’s Ford. Ā Keep up the great work.

David

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hello David,

Thank you, glad you are enjoying the Custom Car Chronicle.

And thank you very much for your donation. Highly appreciated.

PONCE
    Participant

Im starting a projet on a 1961 datsun pickup 1200 i need a windshield can you help me thanks tony

marke kemp
    Participant

hi thanks for letting me join , a rodder friend over here in Australia hasĀ put me onto this site for some help,BBSSBBFĀ as I have just purchased this custom 63 tbird and now trying to track down who it was built by in the late 60s it has a trophy in boot (trunk) best custom 1968 so pre 68, I had found an old craigs list add from 207 saying it was a barris built carĀ for Eddie Leon from the Leon furniture shops across the states (his name all over car including badge on bonnet and on dashĀ also says build one of one she is called the scorpion)Ā could you or others from here help with info,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robert
    Participant

Good day from Poland. I’m the owner of 1954 Chevy Bel Air (by Richard Glymph).

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hello Robert,

Welcome. Your car has made a HUGE impact on me when it was featured in all the magazines in the 1980’s.

Robert
    Participant

Hello Rik,

Thank you. This is a project car right now.

I’d like to show him at Kustom Konwent in Poland (11-12th of August).

Here’s some photos of my towler šŸ˜‰

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.