Home Forums CCC Forum 1950 Mercury 4-Door Custom by Voodoo Larry

This topic contains 62 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Pointer 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

VooDoo Larry has been working on this 1950 Mercury four-door custom for some time. It has been on hold for the last year when he was creating the VooDoo Sahara. But since the Sahara is out for body work and paint, Larry has time again to get back to his four door custom.

Larry has been able to create a really great flow on the chop on this one. Not easy to do that on a four door. The roof has a great contour as if it was a coupe, but the side windows are still treated as a four door, and not modified to mimic a two door coupe. Great inspiration, and it shows that these Mercs as four door can look very good as well.

One thing I noticed is that Larry choose to shape the side window frames before tackling the shape of the roof. Most of the time the top is shaped first, followed by the window shape. In this case.. and perhaps in more cases Larry’s method works really well. As long as your side window profile is looking good, the top can be shaped accordingly.

Larry mentioned that the car was already chopped, and he re-chopped it and he estimates that the front was chopped aprox 5 inches.

All photos come from Larry’s Facebook page. I will be adding more photos as soon as Larry shares new updates.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Larry…
    Well there you have it my friends,..working front wing windows,.and the rears are going to be a stationary wing windows for the back doors on the Merc,…. VooDoo

J.B.
    Participant

Man, he is really skilled!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

What a treat! Thanks for the sharing. An extraordinary creative talent, skilled craftsman, well grounded in the old school, but never limited in his own vision. It is so good to see customizing’s flame burning so brightly.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Wow one of the best looking 4 door chops I have seen. Looks great.

STEPHANE PERES
    Participant

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.