Custom Car Chronicle

Valley Custom Shop Ina Mae Overman Lincoln Restoration

Home Forums CCC Forum Valley Custom Shop Ina Mae Overman Lincoln Restoration

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The Ina Mae Overman 1952 Lincoln Capri has found its way to a new owner, and will undergo a complete restoration to the later Gold version by the very skilled team at Manns Restorations. Manns recently completed the full restoration on the Sam Barris 1950 Buick for Kurt McCormick, and are currently also working on his Barris Dick Fowler 1938 Ford Custom.

And now they will have to work on the old Valley Custom Lincoln. Great News.

More info on the Ina Mae Overman Lincoln can be found in the 3-Part Article we did here on the CCC a while back.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

Can’t wait to see this one brought back.

Hopefully they will share restoration Pictures.

Torchie

David Wolk
    Participant

Looks to be in good condition, should be an easy custom restoration.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Manns Restorations shared some photos of the Lincoln after it had arrived at the shop. Looking forward to see the shop get started on the project. It does look to be in pretty good shape overall.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I always loved this car. One of the few from that “later” era.

Mitch

David Conrad
    Participant

The first and last time I saw that wonderful Lincoln was at the ”Hunnert Mile Pile Up”   in Morris Ill. I knew it was something special. It’s in good hand at Mann’s.

Larry Pointer
    Participant

This fascinating car represents to me the very essence of that transition period of traditional custom car building that  would find itself relegated to the dust bins by the advent of the Detroit muscle car, and its availability to the young at prices and credit offerings that couldn’t be denied.

What might have been the future for Valley Custom and others who had to seek other means for financial survival as the curtain for the traditional custom car era came down?  We have been blest to see what Gene Winfield and Bill Cushenbery were able to do, but…

Lots to look at in the Ina Mae Overman Lincoln, and to imagine the directions customizing might have taken.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The team at Manns Restorations have started taking apart the Ina Mae Overman Lincoln.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The team at Manns Restorations is still working on the Ina Mae Overman Lincoln restoration…  Getting the body all straight and ready for paint.

Overman-52-Lincoln-Manns-28

Overman-52-Lincoln-Manns-27

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

I have been wondering how this beauty has been doing.

Looking forward to more.

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The guys at Manns Restorations pushed out some cars while the weather was good to clean up the shop.

One of the cars pushed out was the Overman Lincoln. Looks like the body is in primer with a guide coat…. about ready for paint.

Overman-52-Lincoln-Manns-31

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Manns Restorations….

Overman-52-Lincoln-Manns-32

Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

can’t wait to see it restored, even if i must admit i love it in patina too

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.