Custom Car Chronicle

Torchies new project

Home Forums CCC Forum Torchies new project

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 961 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

Right now I’m concentrating on getting the other side to cut and tacked in to match the drivers side.

Yes. And I appreciate your comments about the insides of the doors and windows too. Less interesting, but often more difficult and time consuming than the hero outside.

Indeed Tony. That cut into the roof and along the length of it to move the B pillar back took about 5 minutes and maybe 5 minutes more tacking it into place. But that’s the one that impresses everyone.LOL All the inside stuff is much harder and slower but necessary to a good chop.

The last pic you posted shows your thoughts as there is a polnt along your rafter where all the the angles meet………..

Interesting that you picked up on that Mark. One of the reason that the car is turned sideways in the shop with the side I’m working on facing towards the door is so I can stand back and stare at the entire profile.
    from about 20 feet away.
    I am in the process of turning the car around so the the PS faces the door.
    Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

On to the PS.
    Torchie

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Second pic above shows your right that the base of the rear screen may need to move slightly, great progress

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks Mark.
    It may be the angle that I took the pic at as well. Pics can be very deceiving.
    Once I have this side all pieced in and tacked I will clean all the paint off the roof and tackle the rear window/sail panel area.
    Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

So lets talk about the rear window.
    Some of the issue with it seem to me to be the height of the bottom edge of the glass reveal. If you look at the pics of the belt line moulding as well as the one with out the moulding you can see that there is too much metal left under the window. If I continued that moulding around the back of the roof at the belt line there would be a wide strip of metal between the top of the moulding and the bottom of the glass reveal Much like it was stock.
    I have a friend coming over tomorrow that is young and agile. He is going to get into the trunk to see if we can disconnect the trunk hinge springs. If so that should allow me to drop the window down
    Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

Slow progress due to back issues. ( Mine. Not the car….:) . )
    PS quarter window corner and B pillar in and tacked.
    Torchie

Tony
    Participant

Looking good.

Torchie, can’t see the trailing edge of the quarter window in those pics, but I have to say the leading edge looks spot on!  Nice progress!!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Torchie
    Participant

Looking good.

Torchie, can’t see the trailing edge of the quarter window in those pics, but I have to say the leading edge looks spot on! Nice progress!!

Dave

Thanks guys!
    Everything is lining up good. The frame work around the windows has longer area of metal that are the same dimensions so lining things up after cutting and moving pieces has been good. I also paid close attention to the gutter line as well as the horizontal line of the quarter window reveal. I guess there is some good to be said for being a really square car above the belt line….LOL
    Torchie

Tony
    Participant

I think the judicious use of wood was they key!

Torchie
    Participant

I think the judicious use of wood was they key!

Well…. I do have a piece or two laying around Tony………:)
    Torchie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Torchie
    Participant

More PS work. Gutter and roof patch tacked in.
    For some reason this pice of gutter needed more relief cuts then the other side. Odd considering they came from the same location.
    Door tops tomorrow.
    Torchie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Really nice work Torchie!

Mark Spooner
    Participant

have a look https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/pulling-the-trigger-aka-gotta-have-it.1110674/page-3

Torchie
    Participant

have a look https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/pulling-the-trigger-aka-gotta-have-it.1110674/page-3

Thanks for the link Mark I haven’t been on the hamb in months.
    According to the info on the photo shop they shortened the quarter window 3 inches. I left min as close to stock length as possible.
    Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 961 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.