Custom Car Chronicle

Torchies new project

Home Forums CCC Forum Torchies new project

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 961 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

That is fantastic news Torchie. Please wish her (and you) all the best from us here in the Netherlands.

Thanks, Rik

I saw all your Anniversary posts over on FB. Congratulations to you and your wife.

Thanks to all for the support.

Torchie

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you both!

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Torchie,

I’m really happy all went well!

Mitch

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks all.

For those of you that have not gone through this before. Once you are out of ICU they don’t let you stay flat for long.

Mrs Torchie was up and walking this afternoon. Not far, but a start. Also breathing exercises that can be pain full as they crack your ribs when the do this type of surgery.

Everyday will be better then the one before it.

Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

Mrs T got home form the hospital last evening all is going well.

While I was waiting for the hospital to call I dragged out one of the out board boat motor stands that I had made.
    added some blocks and now it’s a fender stand. This will make it easier for me to work on bith the front and the rear fenders.

Torchie

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Glad all is well Torchie, and pretty creative.

Mitch

David
    Participant

Man, just getting caught up after being out of town for a bit. Sorry to hear about your wife, and so glad she is on the mend!!

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks Mitch and David.

My wife had a few post -op bumps in the road but things are going better now. I keep heading out to the shop but other things get in my way. Like getting ready for winter and a total lack of energy.LOL

Maybe this weekend…..

Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

Frosty out this morning but started the day helping a friend with the front brakes on his 65 Chevelle.SS

Then I went on to the Dodge. New rocker skin tacked in.

Pics tell the nasty story…..

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

Man that’s ugly! I’m surprised you could find anything to weld to!  Good job.

Torchie
    Participant

Man that’s ugly! I’m surprised you could find anything to weld to! Good job.

Thanks, Tony.

Luckily the corners of the lower door jambs are solid. The floor on the other hand……

Next step is to make the quarter panel piece.  Then tie it all together with the inner rear fender well.

Then tackle the floor. I’m concerned that I may have to replace the entire floor as it’s fairly soft. I don’t know how far in I will have to cut to find weldable metal. If I have to replace the entire floor I may consider channeling it a bit.LOL.

The ultimate custom. Chopped. Channeled and sectioned.

Torchie

p.s. I guess Quentin is rubbing off on us.LOL

Larry Pointer
    Participant

That’s looking good, Torchie.  Glad you are back at it.  Don’t weaken!

Torchie
    Participant

That’s looking good, Torchie. Glad you are back at it. Don’t weaken!

Thanks Larry.

Started on the quarter panel patch. 18 gauge steel and a sandwich form made out of 1/2 ply. I prefer MDS board for this but I had the plywood.

I will leave extra metal beyond the curved are to hammer over for a a flange and extra at the bottom as well to bend under to match the rocker.

Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

Cut out the patch piece for the quarter panel.

I left extra material on the bottom to bend under as well as extra material to connect to the rocker skin.

I also have to put a little curve into the piece.

And get back to finishing up the inner fender well.

Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

More work on the patch panel.

No metal break of course.LOL

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 961 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.