Custom Car Chronicle

Torchies new project

Home Forums CCC Forum Torchies new project

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 961 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

Well. I guess I must be serious about the sectioning….LOL

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

Fortune favors the brave. Go Torchie!

Torchie
    Participant

Fortune favors the brave. Go Torchie!

Thanks Tony!

What’s the worst that could happen. It was headed for the scrap yard before I got my hands on it.LOL

Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Yeah this will be cool!

Torchie
    Participant

Yeah this will be cool!

Lets hope so Ian….:)

More cutting.

Laid out the quarter panel and cut into it as well as moving into the firewall.

That’s it for today as I need to get more saw blades. I really pushed the last one in making the firewall cuts and in doing so got a little off my line.

This 1949 Dodge steel is really hard.

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

I hope you’re being careful doing that on your own. I’d hate for your fingers to be somewhere they shouldn’t and something (like the body) drops.

Seriously.

Torchie
    Participant

I hope you’re being careful doing that on your own. I’d hate for your fingers to be somewhere they shouldn’t and something (like the body) drops. Seriously.

No worries Tony. Safety first..( But thanks for caring….:)….)

At this point the body top is still very stable. No movement at all after each piece has been cut off. That’s one of the reasons for the blocks as I expected to get at least some pinching of the saw blades as I finished each cut. But so far nothing.

A friend is coming over tomorrow the help with the last cut thru the PS quarter. Then we will turn the car around to do the other side.

Before I turn it around I plan on putting in some supports so that when cutting the DS nothing will drop.

I can’t afford to loose anymore body parts.LOL

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Spectacular…

Thanks for taking the pictures, really enjoying this.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

I’d love to do a section job.

Torchie
    Participant

Spectacular… Thanks for taking the pictures, really enjoying this.

I’d love to do a section job.

Thanks Rik and Tony.

Tony. I’m sure your section job would be great seeing your level of craftsmanship. Over the years I have helped on a few but never one of my own. So this is it.

And Rik. Thanks for providing a place for this type of build. Sometimes when I see the pics of other builds on here I am hesitant  to post mine. Their craftsmanship and and metal working skills always amaze me. Plus,  their shops are nicer then my house…LOL

As long as there is interest I will continue to keep posting in the hopes that maybe some one else out there will be inspired to save  something that many people would look at as scrap and to do this type of build themselves.

Torchie

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Torchie, you ARE inspiring.  In many ways, but what encourages is that you show and lead the way in how to proceed without the newest, “best”, most “professional” ways and means.  “Old school” fellas like you prod old fellas like me, and I’m seeing, younger generations in following their dreams, even and especially if they need to do with what they have.  And you show that “what you have” can be enough to realize those dreams.  There is room, thanks to Rik, on the CCC to see all levels of creativity being realized.  Long live the CCC.  And Torchie!

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yes! I agree completely Larry. Thank you for articulating this.

This place is such a wonderful meeting ground and receptical for creativity and inspiration! Both from old, and new creations being built today. Folks like you Torchie keep us all going and inspired! The amount of talent, fortitude and creativity on this board is unreal.

Thank you all.

Mitch

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Torchie, you ARE inspiring. In many ways, but what encourages is that you show and lead the way in how to proceed without the newest, “best”, most “professional” ways and means. “Old school” fellas like you prod old fellas like me, and I’m seeing, younger generations in following their dreams, even and especially if they need to do with what they have. And you show that “what you have” can be enough to realize those dreams. There is room, thanks to Rik, on the CCC to see all levels of creativity being realized. Long live the CCC. And Torchie!

Well said Larry and great stuff Torchie, cant wait for the update…………………….

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks to all for the positive comments. They helped warm my heart on this cold but sunny ( too early)  winter morning……:)

Help arrived as promised  so we went out and cut thru the wheel well and into the rest of the quarter panel.

I remarked the wheel well . That cut is not the most accurate but will work for.now.

Added some upright bracing so that, as Tony pointed out, there will be no industrial accidents. Swept the shop floor and turned the car around.

So now it’s on to the DS

Thanks again to all…..

Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

You are flying along Torchie. Great to see progress on the section. Thanks for the updates I am really enjoying following you build as always. You have some great ideas and are never afraid to tackle big changes very inspiring.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 961 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.