Custom Car Chronicle

Torchies new project

Home Forums CCC Forum Torchies new project

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 961 total)
  • Author
    Larry Pointer
    Participant

Let the healing begin!  Down time does kick open the door to those mischievous creative thoughts, tho, and with your focus on that Dodge, good things are in store.  Ideas will keep popping up,  sometimes from the most unexpected sources, at the least expected moments, don’t they.  Put on some Jazz tunes, and kick back, Torchie.

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks Gang!

Ian. Once something has been seen, It can’t be unseen.LOL

I am looking at enlisting some help with the sectioning. A young man I used to mentor is interested in “Learning the old ways.” lol

So we will see.

Torchie

Torchie
    Participant

Just a bit of an update.

Had my one week post op visit last week and they were happy. My Pacemaker tech was an older guy like me who has been doing it for 30 years so I asked him more about the mig welding.

His advice was to go ahead and try it. He said it might make me light headed but it would not short circuit anything. So I did. LOL.

I laid some tacks and felt fine. Still on a short leash for another 2 weeks then I hope to get back at the Dodge.

Torchie

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Great News, glad you are getting back at it!

Mitch

Tony
    Participant

Great news. Take care.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Good news!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

That’s awesome Torchie! I love your OSHA approved welding attire. 🙂

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks gang.

Not back at it full on yet.

My one month post op date is Oct 26 and my one month follow up visit isn’t until Nov 8 so I still have restrictions about using my left arm. And they are talking about boosting my BPM rate to give me a little more energy.

Ian. Those flannel jammie pants that I am wearing are actually made out of an old welding blanket. LOL

To keep from getting bored I am concentrating on my daily exercise routine as well as taking off some more weight. So I’m back on the  vegan thing. That and binge watching documentaries on netflix.

Torchie

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Keep at it, looking forward to the section!

Torchie
    Participant

One month restrictions are off so I’m starting to get back at it.

Cut out the old metal around the new sail panel piece and tacked it all in.

My plan is to have the entire rear window area as well as the DS sail panel cut out and tacked in this weekend.

Torchie

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Go for it Torchie, just don’t over do it.

I gotta say, this is going to be one of the quintessential “Silk Purse” stories. I never thought those cars could look good. You’re proving that all wrong.

Mitch

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Go man go!

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks gang!

I finished cutting out the extra roof metal around the upper part of the rear window .

When I did it caused the very center of the roof to flatten some what casing an overlap of the pieces.

I pushed this gently back into place and tacked all the way around. I also removed the trunk lid as well as the rear window glass. Now I can stand in the trunk to better reach the roof as well as having access thru the widow opening to hammer and dolly.

Torchie

Mark Spooner
    Participant

Nice curves, great your back on it

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks good.

Has a nice natural flow.

Can you take a photo showing the complete top, or perhaps the whole car.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 961 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.