Custom Car Chronicle

Tom Nielsen passed away

Home Forums CCC Forum Tom Nielsen passed away

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Last night I heard the sad news of the passing of Tom Nielsen, a dear friend, Custom Car enthusiasts and contributor here on the Custom Car Chronicle.
    Tom passed away in the night of August 9 and 10 after a brief illness.

I have known Tom for many years. We first got in touch thru my old Custom Car Photo website, he left a few messages there and we started to email. Tom stated to share his collection of photos, and stories… so many fantastic stories. Later when I started the Custom Car Chronicle Tom started to contribute articles here.
    It was always such a great pleasure to work with Tom on these articles, his passion for Custom Cars, and their history. He loved to share his stories an knowledge. Thank you so much for your friendship.
    Rest in Peace Tom, you will be missed so much.

Tom-Nielsen-RIP-07Tom-Nielsen-RIP-09Tom-Nielsen-RIP-06Tom-Nielsen-RIP-04Tom-Nielsen-RIP-02Tom-Nielsen-RIP-03

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Sorry to hear that.

Tony
    Participant

Sad news indeed.

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Really saddened to learn of Tom’s passing, Rik.  Over the years, we’ve become very close friends through the CCC.  Tom was a kind, humble, and caring man.  A teacher, always willing to share from his experiences and intimate knowledge of traditional customizing.  Tom represented the “every teenager” of that Golden Age of customizing.  He was just a few years younger than me.  It’s really hard.  So thankful, Rik Hoving, that you formed here the connections, allowing us all to share our passions and pass forward this unique artform.

Tender mercies.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Sad to hear.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Rest easy Tom.

Torchie
    Participant

Aways enjoyed the contributions that Tom made to this site.

My condolences to all his family and friends.

Torchie

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I am very sad hearing this too. As others have related here, I loved reading and learning from Tom’s writings. I didn’t know him, but Thanks Tom.

Mitch

David/Michelle
    Participant

I hadn’t known Tom for a long time, but for the time I knew him we became fast friends. I spoke with him occasionally on the telephone, and found him to be a most gracious gentleman and a truly nice fellow. He was always willing to discuss the finer points of custom car and hot rod restyling and history. As well as sharing images from his photo archive, and putting me in contact with like minded hobbyists. I was actually quite shocked at his passing, because it seems as if we are losing more of the original cadre, especially the upstanding ones. Godspeed to him, he will be fondly remembered.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.