Custom Car Chronicle

The return of the Customs.

Home Forums CCC Forum The return of the Customs.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

What a nice photo and what a nice custom. Don’t have the “Hot rods of the forties” book myself so I have not seen it before. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post.

Curt Iseli
    Participant

Some might disagree, but I’ve always thought Zocchi had a knack for chopping cars that probably shouldn’t be chopped and having them come out right. I never saw this Buick in person, but in all the pictures I’ve seen it looks really good.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ron Brooks
    Participant

I agree Curt, Richard has built a lot of Beautiful Customs and a lot have been models that most guys wouldn’t touch. I live in the same area and always look forward to his next project!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Totally agree with you Curt.. and Ron. His cars are always very inspirational. I do not always agree on the color choices he has though.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

“Thee Forty One” has long been one of my favorites as well. I loved the color and the interior. There was a photo of it in Rod & Custom in the late 1980s with the top off and you could see all of the pleats and chrome and it was really a knockout.

Here’s a picture from Ron Kimball’s website, with what (I’m assuming) it looks like in more modern times, and also the cover of the issue of Tex Smith’s Custom Cars Magazine that it was in.

As an aside, anyone who loves customs needs to get the 4 issues of Tex Smith’s wonderful magazine. There are several sets and individual copies listed on Ebay right now. Just type in “Tex Smith’s Custom Car Magazine.”

Attachments:

Trend Books Custom Cars Annuals
    www.trendcustomcars.com

Håkan Andersson
    Participant

Justin,,was there really Four issues?,, I have 3,, how about that 4th issue?,, any pic of its frontpage? I really need the 4th if so! Later !! I HAD to find out,, I had them all,, puuh ! So here is what they look like!! If someone else is looking for the four. 🙂

Attachments:
    Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

They are really great and were only available by subscription if I remember correctly. I think you had to pay for 6 issues but due to lack of subscribers it was unfortunately discontinued after only four issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.