Custom Car Chronicle

The little stories around the cars are the best

Home Forums CCC Forum The little stories around the cars are the best

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    patsyngene
    Participant

Realy sorry guys have trouble with the picture size of my build, will try again soon!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Realy sorry guys have trouble with the picture size of my build, will try again soon!

Parsyngene, if you are in need to resize your images. Please check out THIS post I did. Is links to an on-line option to resize photo to say 1000 pix wide. Those can be used on the CCC with no problem.

(PS I was able to see one of the photos you tried to upload… and I would love to hear the story that goes with it!!!)

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Another story from John Wiliamsson

Verdugo Hills High School in Tujunga California was a wild place and really educated in many ways. First was it was a double session school from 1953 to 1959 which meant Senior high in the morning and Junior High in the afternoon. 7am to noon and 11 to four pm with an overlap of 2 hours where everybody was there for lunch and coming and going. The parkinglot was full of Hotrods and Custom cars and some bikes/scooters.
    Some famous cars were there. One day some of the guys in the Owls car club stole the Hirihata chopped 51 Merc – now painted gold with dark green – off a car lot in Pasadena and drove it to school. They cruised the school for about an hour before the Cops got them but what an hour it was. This car was probably the most famous car in the world because it was used in the movie “Running Wild” and the Owls just took it and brought it to school.

Photo from the Charles Russell Price Collection (not taken at the school, just used as illustration)

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

patsyngene
    Participant

Thanks Rik,will give it another try!

The story that goes with this fresh build is from 1984. There were just a handfull of american cars left in Holland (Europe)there weren’t almost no US build survivers,most of ’em were crushed in the demolution derby’s that were very popular in the north and North west of Holland in the late 60’s and 70’sand 80’s. Use to visit the derby’s since my early childhood(have to say the first few years just to grab emty bottles to cash the return money).Went crazy by hearing american v8 monsters, that feeling growed stronger and stronger, and there was the very first custom car show in Holland(as far as I know).I was age fourteen these days and didn’t now how to go there cause it was far way from home.Begged my older brother to join me so we could drive there with his car.He surrended and we went there……..

It was this car that went me crazy, actually its based on a Citroen (French and ugly).I loved the huge fins,but my brother sayed it was the most ugly car he ever saw. Still love those huge fins,future cars/concept cars of the late fifties.So I started this build a year ago and it needs to be an Autorama car like the old days.Hopefully my brother will puke when he will see it the first time when I finished the car, than I know I made a good design Kustom that I will like the most myself!!!!!!!

(Rik thanks for your pictures of that show, I still have the entrance card of it, it’s high up on the barnwall! )

patsyngene
    Participant

This was my first build it’s the car owned by a close friend, did a hellofalotta Kustom mods on this car. Did the scallop design and pinstripes too (not the paintjob itself).We had a lot to bit trough on this one but loved to do this especcialy building with a good friend.But again these huge fins.May be it’s like boobs, when you have seen them for the very first time in your live……….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    patsyngene
    Participant

and another one

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.