Custom Car Chronicle

the Craig Wise 40-41 Ford PU Project – Custom / Hot Rod

Home Forums CCC Forum the Craig Wise 40-41 Ford PU Project – Custom / Hot Rod

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Craig Wise
    Participant

Here’s some of the interior detail pieces…….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Craig, your attention to detail is just so amazing.
    This pick up truck must be so much fun to built.Its like every single part is a project all by itself.
    Amazing!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Craig Wise
    Participant

more interior……inspection plates & arm rests inside the doors

Attachments:
    Craig Wise
    Participant

Craig, your attention to detail is just so amazing.<br>
    This pick up truck must be so much fun to built.Its like every single part is a project all by itself.<br>
    Amazing!

YES it has been fun, & stressful! Good thing I’m retired….maybe, I have the time but not so much $$$$$$! cw.

Craig Wise
    Participant

Here’s my Cup Holder…..made this from 2 “Offy” pistons & some scrape pieces of aluminum. The pistons came from a 1950’s Indy 500 Race Car that ran at the Speedway……

Attachments:
    Craig Wise
    Participant

Hi Craig..like Rik said. the pictures dont give the car the justice it deserves. it looks fantastic IRL<br>
    i forgot what color it was..i think you told me it was a custom blended!? am I right!<br>
    i love that cremy brown color!<br>
    say hello to Sally & Jack from me!<br>
    -palle

Thanks Palle…..Yes it’s a special mix I put together, I call it “Muroc Tan”.

Craig Wise
    Participant

And who dosent like a chopped pick up!! Way bitchin!

A little off topic but is that a chopped and hardtopped chevy in the first pic of the second post in front of your truck?

Hi Cuz Eric, I like almost all cars/trucks chopped, thanks…….cw.
    Ps. Yes it is a chopped hardtop chevy, sorry I don’t have more photos of that one.

Craig Wise
    Participant

I smoothed the rear & front bumpers, welded all the holes closed then had to weld the bolts to the inside to secure bumper to the bumper bracket. Also, I cut 2″ out of the brackets to suck the bumpers closer to the body. I had to have a ’49 Chevy License Plate Guard for my truck, I shaped it to fit on the 40 bumper, it took a little longer than I thought it would because of the bolt bracket INSIDE the license guard, they were in the way and prevented me from shaping so I had to cut out the brackets then shape to fit the bumper then re-weld the brackets back inside the license guard. The rear bumpers for a Pickup, Woody & Sedan Delivery are flat or straight in the middle, not as curved as a front bumper, PU bumpers are very hard to find, I could not find one so I used a front but I had it straightened to match an original rear.

Attachments:
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Once again.. .all those little details on that pick up… So nice. And the closer smooth bumper with guard looks sooo good. And so does the set in Studebaker taillights.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Craig Wise
    Participant

The finished 41 Studebaker taillights……….

Attachments:
    Craig Wise
    Participant

Once again.. .all those little details on that pick up… So nice. And the closer smooth bumper with guard looks sooo good. And so does the set in Studebaker taillights.

THANKS Rik!

Craig Wise
    Participant

Here’s some photos of the wood inside the bed. When I bought this PU truck in 1989 it had a dirty old piece of plywood as the floor, it went in the trash. I bought Red Oak to replace the plywood, then stained & oiled it several times, I tried to match the planks to the color on my old original Jot Horne Sideboards. I also wood grained my louvered gas filler lid inside the bed. The steel runner strips are powder coated satin black, all the hold down bolts are engine turned stainless steel. I added a couple of engine turned Tie Down Hooks to hold my Dad’s 1936 S-500 DKW motorcycle.

Attachments:
    Craig Wise
    Participant

I bought new wood crossmember that support the bed, they go between the bed & frame, also, new wood that goes under the cab. I drilled some lightening holes in the bed crossmembers. Nobody will see these “speed-holes” but me, it’s a sickness!! HAHA……..cw.

Attachments:
    Craig Wise
    Participant

the Glove Box Handle…..after louvering the glove box door I realized I needed a wider handle, I looked for some with a art-deco style but found nothing…….soooo I thought I’d try to make my own. This is my first try, it came out OK but I’m going to make another one when I get some time??

Attachments:
    Craig Wise
    Participant

I repaired the cracks on the original steering wheel, primed with red oxide then shot the black on the outer ring, then painted center with the same marron as the dash, darker on the center bars and lighter on the horn button. I then sanded the black outer ring with 1000-2000 grit where hand ware would appear from years of use. I want a used look to match some of old parts on this PU.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.