Custom Car Chronicle

The Bob Hoffmann 1941 Cadillac Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum The Bob Hoffmann 1941 Cadillac Custom

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

How does Kent come up with the initials J.B?? He is a very handsome man, Movie star good looks.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Quentin Hall
    Participant

That SMILE , those LAPELS, that CHARISMA. He’s Paul Newman crossed with SGT Carter. You can keep all the girls JB . . . . I, nor any other mere mortal man stands a chance.

J.B.
    Participant

Ha ha… Yeah right, Quentin. You are making a grown man blush here. I was actually with the Bandits and played in Australia last June. First time there ever. We played the big rock’n’roll and 1950’s car show festival Cooly Rocks On in Coolangatta. Crazy thing! Would love to go back soon! But Australia is a crazy and dangerous place!!!

I found the 1941 Cadillac that Wolf now owns, in California 2004 and had it here early 2005. My plans for the car was already made and I did a very crude computer version of it from the pic I got from the seller. Cut in the Herb Ogden roof, spots and front wheel in the pic. That was the build I was aiming for. Now I think and hope that Wolf is doing it instead… Bought 1941 Buick side trim mouldings for the sedanette model which have the long quarter panel piece. And much more!
    Here it is in 2004 in CA

My simple photoshop

Just arrived in Sweden. My 1940 Mercury fresh painted in the background. Had no garage at that moment, so I could have the cars in a friends big shop.

Here it is in my garage with the Buick side trim taped on and sombreros and 1941 Buick long fender skirts on. 1949 331 Cadillac engine that I planned on using.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

That looks like it must be out the back of Cliff Grabords place. I can see a couple of 56 Broadmoor wagons. Wish I had known you were at Cooly. I was over in Perth working anyhow. Here is the last time I was at Cooly. . . gee that must be 10 years cos my daughter Eva is now 6ft and I can no longer hold her in my arms. I also found this pic of Yann Saunders when he visited Oz(Yann compiled the Cadillac Database) and a couple of nice meter maids from the Gold Coast strip. . . and no the 59 wasn’t custom but was on factory airbags. Now back to the 41s. yes I would love to see a Pisano style 41. A guy in Melbourne is doing one based on the Pisano. I’ll get him to get off the hamb and come here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tinwolf
    Participant

I just love that little Caltex depot. I could live in that . Might have to sleep upright but I will suffer for my art.

They both look like very nice 41s.

Need more pics and plans of what you’re doing to yours Wolf.

That forward tapered, sectioned hood on the ex Palle 41 annoys me. Needs to stand tall and proud upfront.

I just love that little Caltex depot. I could live in that . Might have to sleep upright but I will suffer for my art
    Unfortunully my little Caltex station is no more , the storm took it this winter :

They both look like very nice 41s
    Need more pics and plans of what you’re doing to yours Wolf
    Kents second one yes very nice , mine not so much , bondo galore , hood wrapped backward , drivers door is worked on and major patch behind driver door , I think , but the floor is good ! One day I will take it to bare metal and all the damage will be revealed , for now Im filling unneccecery holes and making room for Kints find , the lovely Buick sidetrim ! Sorry , no pictures at this point , but soon !

That forward tapered, sectioned hood on the ex Palle 41 annoys me. Needs to stand tall and proud upfront
    Im with you on that one , I filled the side grilles on the hood and the front ornaments but piecutting it , Wouldnt dream of it , did I miss something , who did that way back when ? Ofcause there was section jobs but lowering only the front of the hood ??

Hi Kent ! thanks for the early pictures !

Maybe a general 41 custom Cadillac thread should be created , I feel this thread is hijacked ??

Wolf

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Oh Wolf, my heart breaks at the sight of that little booth lying in ruins. Could you not rebuild it? hope you kept the Caltex letters. Sob.
    But I just saw the pics of the “gloss green” 53 conv in front of it. I have a twin sister to that car. It’s the closest I have to being a driver presently. May have to get it painted after seeing that.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Well cant argue with the weather , I need to build a bomb shelter quality gasstation next time , this gas station has done its duty and we had plenty of fun with it .
    The green Cadillac belongs to a friend to me that accually donated some Caltex oilcans to the gas station when he first saw it , I saved them from the wreck unharmed . He is a Cadillac man as well with a collection of ?(Im guessing) 10+ Cadillacs -49-53-56-58-59 Cadillac convertibles , the -59 is a Eldo , -47Cad sedanette , -53coupes 2-3? , he had the lowerd -53 Coupe with stripes on the roof:

but he sold it , last couple of years he has been driving another -53. Here are a couple of pictures of it:

Wolf

Quentin Hall
    Participant

WOW. Consider this thread well and truly hijacked. Can you tell your mate that I need some 59 Eldo interior SS trim. (Biarritz or Seville) He might have some SWedish contacts. More 59 Biarritzs in Sweden than anywhere else on earth.
    After I sold my White 59 Biarritz I got the remains of two rough 59 Biarritzs and built up one and then did a swap for a 57 Biarritz . But now I have nearly everything for a triple Hampton green 59 Biarritz. Just need the tripower and the interior Eldo trim ( tho I have the LH door one). Oh and a decent body. . .
    Gee your mate did well building the 53 Eldo replica custom. Sure beats driving around in a $350k original panicking everytime a truck screams past. I love it.
    Just noticed how the continental kit trails into the rear fins. WOW!!!! Tell your mate I only have 2x 53 Eldos, a series 62 53 conv, a silver with red int full option 57 Biarritz, the remains of a 59 Biarritz, All projects and now the other two cars coming over from Perth. Only 6. But I did give my dad the 46 conv. That leaves me needing about 3 cars to reach double figures.
    THERAPY TIME!!!!!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Well I passed 50 and I have five cars , its starting to weigh on me , I got enough of reality in my daily life so I always figured my hobby needs to be fun , I cant see which ones I can sell to get down to three so I keep them , they are a joy in my life and keep up my dreams of custom cars so time will tell . On the other hand one can be traded for another , thought of customcars never built before is constantly grinding up there …..
    Wolf

J.B.
    Participant

Man, it’s a real shame about the Caltex station. Gonna miss it!

Love that old -41. It will be a great kustom, for sure. And maybe even before you turn 100. Plenty of time, don’t sell anything. We need to do some serious kustom brainstorming soon, my friend.

How about getting the old Lasalle a pair of spotlights for the summer? A couple of bottles of Coke, lots of chit chat and we are there. What do you say?

Did someone say hi-jack?

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Hi Jack , no wonder they kicked me off the Cadillac forum again. Off topic, questionable humour, talking about customs , music, hair lotion and girls.
    You’d think I was hanging out with a bunch of my friends! Whose shout is it anyhow?

Tinwolf
    Participant

Man, it’s a real shame about the Caltex station. Gonna miss it!

Love that old -41. It will be a great kustom, for sure. And maybe even before you turn 100. Plenty of time, don’t sell anything. We need to do some serious kustom brainstorming soon, my friend.

How about getting the old Lasalle a pair of spotlights for the summer? A couple of bottles of Coke, lots of chit chat and we are there. What do you say?

Did someone say hi-jack?

Custom car talk , bolting Appletons to the LaSalle , Im game !
    Wolf

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.