Custom Car Chronicle

Custom Cars in the background

Home Forums CCC Forum Custom Cars in the background

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Love the 70’s LA picture… that is nice.

And yes that is a Studebaker. it is Ramond Jones 1947 Studebaker. Here are some more photos of it.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Another neat one… from 1956 with an older looking Custom GM convertible with chopped padded top.

So far I have not been able to identify it…. Looks familiar?

NBC-Custom

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

KingKustoms
    Participant

Incredible photo, Rik! Looks like a ’40 Chevy….

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Some family snapshots from ebay… Mild Custom Shoebox. Custom Hubcaps on the family car.

I looked up the Riverview Boat Line and it is in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin…cool picture!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Huntington Beach, California. What is that white car on the right? It looks like it has a boat-tail added over the trunk and maybe a splotch of primer on the point. Canvas or leather top appears to have some writing on it and may be custom, too.

My hometown- Huntington Beach, CA! Some of those buildings are still standing… My guess on the car on the right is that it is just a taxi cab with a different paint scheme…especially next to the Taxi sign. Great photo!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

This post just keeps getting better! This first picture is on my classroom wall…I can’t remember exactly where I found it online, but I was putting a WWII lesson together. The second one came from my friend Octavio who found it on Facebook, I believe.

20180523_132801

acc%3d1

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Los Angeles in the 1940s (3)

A couple of hot rods int he wild- Hollywood High School in 1941 and a hot rod (possibly ’32) in the middle of a lot below…

download

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Mild kustom ’37 Ford Phaeton or Convertible Sedan…I think I see roll-up windows in the doors (extremely rare either way!)- looks to be lowered a bit, skirts, possibly solid hood sides, dual exhaust, and cowl antenna. Wilshire Blvd. and Grand Ave., Los Angeles.

Street Scenes of Los Angeles in the 1930s (49)

Pretty much stock ’41 Ford Tudor with skirts…can’t tell if the trunk lid is shaved or not. Wingtip bumper ends…not really a kustom but still neat.

41tudor

’40 Merc Tudor with shaved trunk and spot light…hard to tell if it’s lowered or not…again, very basic.

fa_500_hollywoodblvdlights970

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Roy Orbison’s Thunderbird had a custom interior!Roy Orbison KustomRoy Orbison Kustom 2

KingKustoms
    Participant

Roy Orbison’s Tbird was awesome!!! Cool pics!

I caught this shoebox Ford with frenched lights and missing grill…I’m scratching the bottom of the barrel here, but I’m looking high and low. It is awesome just looking at vintage pictures of downtown LA and other big cities…

07a6e3e755752a3034b23b9e566fac62--shopping-center-norfolk

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Interesting car on the right…not a kustom, but I can’t seem to pin it down. British sports car?

Sunset_Blvd_1959

A couple of raked early Fords on the left…from the dash of an Oldsmobile!

Sunset_Boulevard_1956

’51 Ford with shortened side trim and tail light spears removed…

7572925898_6aafb92b40_b

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Interesting car on the right…not a kustom, but I can’t seem to pin it down. British sports car?  

Austin Atlantic

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tony
    Participant

Post war British idea of what would sell in America.

It didn’t.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

The Farago Special at Watkins Glen 1949. Custom body on a Fiat 1100 chassis.  Photo by Frank Shaffer.

fiat-1100-farago

Watching a recorded Film Noir (Crime Wave ’53/’54) when this Custom Merc drove through the shot.  Cell phone pics off the TV screen – sorry!

ChpdMercVert

Then, near the end of the film this skirted convertible slides by (Chrysler product?):

DressedMoPar

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.