Custom Car Chronicle

Custom Cars in the background

Home Forums CCC Forum Custom Cars in the background

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1941 Ford convertible with wide whites and spotlights in the right bottom corner.

1939-40 Ford sedan with wide white, spotlights and sunken license plate.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1940 Mercury chopped convertible on the far left side of the photo parked on the streets of Los Angles in the early 1950’s (and possibly a lowered 41-48 Ford coupe waiting for the streetlight.)

enlarged section

Caught a movie on Turner Classic Movies the other day which I had not seen before when this shot of the parking lot at the bike races came up. The movie was “The Pace That Thrills” – 1952.

Poor image due to freeze-frame and cell phone..

IMG_3619

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I found these three photos on a website for Marshfield (Oregon) High Schoool 1954. No other info was provided,
    http://mhs54.org/

36Ford801

34Ford801

53MHS799

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I subsequently found another website with the same photo of the sectioned 1936 Ford.
    It was owned by photographer Allan Ludwig (who also uses the name “Elisha Cook, Jr” on Flickr).
    The article states:
    Allan remembers his car was a 1936 Ford convertible with a “souped up” 1946 Mercury engine in it.

Artchatpodcast.blogspot.com

KingKustoms
    Participant

Unbelievable…I had only seen the chopped ’40 Ford with the Carson top in the mall parking lot so far. Seeing kustoms in their natural habitat with dirt on their tires and traffic surrounding them is like seeing a hot chick walking through a crowd of people in grey flannel suits.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That 34 Ford is really nice Dave.. the 36 Ford is even better… but I had already seen that one a few years ago. Tried to find out more about it.. no luck, other than what you have found as well.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Photograph of an entry in the Rodeo Parade sponsored by the Thunderbolts Hot Rod Club of Taylor. 1932 Ford owned by Roy P. Seggern & James A. Lothringer. August 3, 1956.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Found this one looking over old parade photos. New York City maybe? And is that George Barris driving?

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Union Square parking garage, San Francisco, 1952

The car in the front left caught my eye because of the custom-looking canvas top. I thought: ’39 Studebaker which has a similar grille to the ’39 Lincoln Zephyr. Or is it the Zephyr foreshortened by the photo angle? Covered running boards, like the Zephyr. But the front fenders look more Stude. And the headlight rings are something else entirely – maybe a later sealed-beam conversion? Bumper is definitely Zephyr.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Huntington Beach, California. What is that white car on the right?
    It looks like it has a boat-tail added over the trunk and maybe a splotch of primer on the point.
    Canvas or leather top appears to have some writing on it and may be custom, too.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant
    Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Check out the paint job on the 1950 Ford and the pinstriping and custom interior on the Healey? in the foreground:

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Neat photo from the drive-in.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Huntington Beach, California. What is that white car on the right?
    It looks like it has a boat-tail added over the trunk and maybe a splotch of primer on the point.
    Canvas or leather top appears to have some writing on it and may be custom, too.

With what looks like writing on the roof and all of the flags on the street I would guess that it is a sash and maybe a bow across the back of the white car for some type of parade/celebration.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.