Custom Car Chronicle

Special Custom Car Parts For Sale on eBay etc.

Home Forums CCC Forum Special Custom Car Parts For Sale on eBay etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Michu
    Participant

Here is the picture from one of Palleā€˜s skirts with measurements (cm), so you can compare them with your skirt:

564646E8-E9B7-4A2E-97E0-D57EB175D267

Tinwolf
    Participant

Yes , I also have 41 Buick skirts to compare to so if its a -41 Ford skirt it the first one I owned .Ā  they were both cheap , I figured it was worth to buy just for the mechanism and evenutally reskin one or the other … -41 Ford skirts seems to be the hardest skirt to find , I never see them for sale ?

Funny , it looks like both skirts have had the Buick skirt trim , those seem to have been popular to use on any of the early skirts !

41Fordskirt

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I wonder if there may have been more thn one shape for 1941 Buicks. Mine are different then the primered/dark colored skirt posted above. More like the light one. Perhaps different skirts for the smaller and larger Buick and the Cadillacs.

Mitch

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Mild Mitch.
    Michu
    Participant

That sounds interesting! Maybe you can post a picture of your skirt?

Hereā€˜s a picture from a Ford book, to me they look like the skirt that Wolf bought:

D2D76CA2-247C-4535-BB24-A9A5739D6A94

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just bought these 41 buick skirts for my 40 chrysler convertible project.

I can give measurments as soon as they arrive if anyone is interested

Screenshot_20220117-184450_eBay KleinanzeigenScreenshot_20220117-184443_eBay Kleinanzeigen

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Here are my ’41 skirts on my ’41 Buick. This is a Special, the bigger cars may have used different skirts? But I don’t believe so.

20160701_11422520160428_200433

Tinwolf
    Participant

I just bought these 41 buick skirts for my 40 chrysler convertible project. I can give measurments as soon as they arrive if anyone is interested Screenshot_20220117-184450_eBay KleinanzeigenScreenshot_20220117-184443_eBay Kleinanzeigen

Nice skirts , the bottom trim is for B-body -41 Buicks , Special , Century and Limited . The C-body -41 Buicks Super and Roadmaster have a different rocker trim and there for a different trim on the skirt . I got three sets of -41 Buick skirts and they are all the same shape so I dont think there were ever two different -41 Buick skirts (but Im not 100% , just never seen any) . I see that you have two different scalloped trims ,Ā  that scalloped trim piece comes from the rear fender of a -46-48 Lincoln as a extension of the tail light headed forward with the “spears” instead of backwards as the -41 Buick . The -41 Buick scalloped trims came in two sizes on the -41 Buick , one 24″ich long for the skirts and one 21″ich long that was a option for the rear part of the rear fender , I never seen a -41 Buick skirt that didnt have the holes for the scalloped trim so maybe they were always on the -41 Buick skirt much like -41 Cadillac skirts always had the Cadillac medallion on their skirts …

Wolf

Michu
    Participant

Thanks for the pictures Mitch, thatĀ Buick is very nice!!!

Wolf, so it seems to be confirmed now, your skirt is a 41 Ford/Mercury!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Thanks for the pictures Mitch, that Buick is very nice!!! Wolf, so it seems to be confirmed now, your skirt is a 41 Ford/Mercury!

Yes , it sure seems so , looking forward to that package , its currently in a car Im going to send home this coming summer hopefullyĀ  šŸ™‚ !!

Wolf

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the Info Wolf.

It is a pity that there isnt a second buick scallop trim. Although i dont plan to use the trim anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not an 112 Appleton,Ā  but same handle and in good condition.Ā  Although there is the wrong ring on the housing.

Its in Germany so it may be a steal for someone.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/suchscheinwerfer-usa-oldtimer/1943311065-223-19394?utm_source=sharesheet&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Tobias, I may have a Buick fender scalloped spear. I will have to do some digging…

Mitchell

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mitch, im not going to use the trim. I already sold mine. But thank you

Michu
    Participant

Mitch, iā€˜ve bought the spear from Toby, so if you maybe have one for the passenger side and you would sell it, iā€˜d be interested!

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Michu, I will check but I am away from the shop for a few days. I will let you know what I have. I’m not sure If I will use the ones on my skirts or not. But I think I may havemore.

Mitch

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.