Custom Car Chronicle

Special Custom Car Parts For Sale on eBay etc.

Home Forums CCC Forum Special Custom Car Parts For Sale on eBay etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

ooooooh those are nice… and rare.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tinwolf
    Participant
    Tony
    Participant

I’m glad there are some parts I don’t want or need! šŸ˜®

Mild Mitch
    Participant

me too, I could buy another car for the asking price. I would be wise to just sell the set of Appletons that I have šŸ™

Tinwolf
    Participant

I hear you on the parts being are more expensive then the project cars them self but the trad custom era was not yesterday , the cars and parts are 70-80 years old , here is a gem if you though the Appletons were steep -1939 Lincoln dashboard for saleĀ  ,Ā  šŸ™‚ šŸ™‚ šŸ™‚Ā  ! ridiculous …..

39 Lincoln dash

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yep, that dash makes an Auburn dash almost seem reasonable.

I don’t have a problem paying a fair price for something I need for a project. But as always, there are jokers waiting for a sucker.

M

Tony
    Participant

He may be asking that price for some time.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Tony, you’re right. And maneuver get close to the asking price. I see cars on craigslist here that just sit there for many months or longer.

Michu
    Participant

Right now on ebay is a single 41 Ford long skirt, itā€˜s reduced to 60 dollars. It doesnā€™t sell because the seller donā€™t know to wich car it fits, hereā€˜s a screenshot of the auction, itā€˜s still available while i write this:

1AC1B86D-9E94-4441-90DE-CC52B22925A3

Tinwolf
    Participant

Here is one for the collection of the “insanely expensive” “must haves” for that very early build , lol !

Woodlite Headlites Packard Ruxton Auburn Cord Duesenberg Classic Car Hot Rat Rod

Woodlites

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Tinwolf.
    Michu
    Participant

Not bad Wolf, but how about theseā€¦

6833F771-2FAD-4392-914A-6C2D8FE37DFC

Tinwolf
    Participant

Thanks Michu , you beat me , I must be lucky I dont need those , lol !!!

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

Right now on ebay is a single 41 Ford long skirt, itā€˜s reduced to 60 dollars. It doesnā€™t sell because the seller donā€™t know to wich car it fits, hereā€˜s a screenshot of the auction, itā€˜s still available while i write this: 1AC1B86D-9E94-4441-90DE-CC52B22925A3

Thanks for the tip Michu , I bought the skirt , it wasnt a -41 Ford skirt thou , it was a -41 Buick skirt so that was great , same seller had a similar skirt , abit shorter which was a -41 Cadillac skirts , both skirts had plugged trim holes and had some dents but quite a find !

Wolf

Michu
    Participant

Great that you bought it Wolf! Are you really sure that it is a 41 Buick Skirt? I have a pair of 41 Ford skirts, they also have plugged holes, but theyā€˜re Ford skirts, at least they look exactly the same (also the back side), when i compare them with pictures from for example Palleā€˜s 41 Ford skirts, measurements match also. And the skirt youā€˜ve bought look also the same, i can imagine that a lot Ford skirts where dressed up with Buick spears and removed later?
    Hereā€˜s a 41 Buick skirt:

4834E1DF-D4FD-4BC0-BAE6-3DC4F827864A

Tinwolf
    Participant

Hi Michu !

Now when you show me this I get confused , they are very close and with different angle of the picture takenĀ 600_largeJack Steward 41 Ford skirt that looks close , I think your right , specially when compering the front upper radii which looks larger on the -41 Buick skirt and the top edge that leans more on the -41 Buick skirt šŸ™‚ !!

This is the other shirt , I figured that is a -41 Cadillac skirt because of the notches taken out of the center pillar , I have acouple of those skirts and they have those notches that the -41 Buick skirt doesnt have:

700_largeWolf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Tinwolf.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.