Custom Car Chronicle

Source for club plaque hanger

Home Forums CCC Forum Source for club plaque hanger

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Talbot
    Participant

I want to hang a plaque from the bumper of my 41.

The only source I have is O’Briens, but unfortunately, USD$68 shipping to Aus for a USD$6 component just doesn’t sit well.

Any other sources for these brackets?

Feel free to suggest alternative methods, but they need to look right on a 40’s car.

Many thanks

Tony
    Participant

What’s the plaque?

Andymarquez83
    Participant

This is how one in our club did it on his -51 Packard. I’m not sure but I think it’s just carabines.

We mounted ours on top of the license plate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Al Hammersley
    Participant

The “backyard” method a lot of us used in the fifties was to hang the plaque from the bottom of the rear bumper. We used a couple of lengths of very small chain (think hanging shop light), drilled the top of the plaque on each side to bolt the chain to it from the back side then run the chain to the interior bumper bolts on each side. The chain’s lengths determine how close to the bottom of the bumper you desire. I know it’s a cheapo way to go but it was really trick hearing all those scraping plaques going over the drive-in’s curb. And the technique was used a lot. Hope this helps.

Talbot
    Participant

Plaque is No Club Lone Wolf  – which sorta sums me up.

I have a few old plaques, but it doesn’t feel right running club colours your not a member of.

Many thanks all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.