Home Forums CCC Forum Site hacked????

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rik Hoving 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Brian Arcella
    Participant

Rik unless we have a lot of new members from China I’m getting tons of spam mail from the CCC but obviously not for real. My anti virus software caught it. Might be on my end but I figured I’d let you know

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

If those emails come from the CCC mentioning a new topic with a bunch of Chinese stuff. Then yes those are all spammers adding new content to the CCC forum. The site is not hacked though. Its just that some spammers found a way to get past the registration software. Trying to stop it. But I’m on vacation right now, nothaving my computer making it a little hard.

Sorry about it.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I temporarily disabled signing up to the site, so hopefully that will solve the issue for now.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Does look like some emails were send as well. Sorry about that.

Trying hard to get it all solved, pleas let me know if it happens again…. hope not though.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I received one a few days ago too and ignored it, so they have infiltrated us for sure.

Mitch

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks Mitch,

Working hard to get it fixed.

Always tricky to get the real enthusiasts to be able to log in easy, and those bastards out at the same time.

1+

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Rik,

I know it must be a real pain. I also know we all really appreciate all you do to keep us in Complete Custom Communication. And ALL you do!

Thanks so much, Mitch

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Rik, I don’t know if this will make any difference, but…

I went back and on July 10 received 8 or 10 email notifications of these hacker posts. None were opened and disregarded them for what they were. So, my comment above, about receiving just one was in error.

Mitch

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thank Mitch,

You probably have subscribed to the main forum new threads, which means you will get an email notification when a new threat is posted. Thats what you got, a notification this spammer had started a new thread.

I have it under control for now, and will fix the issue when I get back home next week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.