Custom Car Chronicle

shoebox business coupe

Home Forums CCC Forum shoebox business coupe

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Ohā€¦. that is sad to see the Shoebox goā€¦. but very happy to see the 41 Merc come into the CCC-Family ?

Looking forward to see you get started on thatā€¦ and hear your plans for it.

Have fun with the Merc Glen Daleā€¦. and hopefully we will see more on the Shoebox from the new owner.

rik the merc is a full blown bucket list car for me. i would not have sold my car otherwise. this car popped up and i went for it. the shoebox is in really good hands.

David Conrad
    Participant

Can’t beat the looks of Steve’s ’41.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    glen dale caldwell
    Participant

so part of the deal on the shoebox is that I had to swap the new motor in. I thought I would ad the pics here.

I really(!) like shoebox Ford coupes, so it’s too bad you had to let it go. Of course, if it had to go, a ’41 Merc is the perfect reason!! This will be fun to watch.

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

well it is done i delivered the car to it’s new owner today.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Goodbye…

Do you know what the new owner has in mind for the Shoebox?

Looking forward to see progress on your new project.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

I believe he plans on adding 52-52 ford wheel lips in the front and clean up the body.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

like I said in the merc thread I tradedĀ it off on Saturday. when I got rid of the shoebox I regretted it. I really enjoyed this car. I was offered the car back and I went for it. my buddy that bought it basically just kept it going and did not change much except the color. I don’t like what he picked so I will be changing it again hopefully before santa maria.

he did pick up a set of Navarro heads for it so they will be going on soon.

KingKustoms
    Participant

Nice looking coupe…really dig that Meteor grill in there!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Sad to hear the 41 had to go.. but seeing this coupe returning really makes up for it…
    Love to see it back, and looking forward for a color change.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I’m really sorry your merc had to go too. But it is good to see you came out on top. Where did you find the skirts on your Ford?
    Mitch

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Iā€™m really sorry your merc had to go too. But it is good to see you came out on top. Where did you find the skirts on your Ford? Mitch

the skirts that are in I got from my buddy chris Swenson in Spokane wa.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

potential new color. what do you guys think?

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Looks good better than the diarrhoea brown.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Yes, better.
    Not a fan of the color it had when you got it back.. but I have to say that it was an unique color, made you have a second look at it. I like something different.
    The new color is nice, and will suit the car very well, but its not a unique color, or something that will jump out from the rest. Not that that is a bad thing, just saying.
    On the other hand I also like subtile things… a car that does not jump out to you in a “crowd” but then you start to notice details…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.