Custom Car Chronicle

shoebox business coupe

Home Forums CCC Forum shoebox business coupe

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    glen dale caldwell
    Participant

well I killed the new motor last week. an oil line broke and pumped all of the oil out and spun a bearing. so I will be down for a while.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Martin
    Participant

Ohh! I love those Canada special stuff on the Fords and Mercs. Those stuff always reminds me of the Hot Rod and Custom show they held at the Ford Rotunda 1955 (see link for pics). I’m keeping an eye on this thread Glen and I hope you can get the motor sorted out without to much hassle!

Ford Rotunda Hot Rod & Custom car show

You'll never be late
    If it's a "V8"
    glen dale caldwell
    Participant

I am not letting the motor problem slow me down. I plan on having it back on the road as soon as possible so thabnks guys i will keep you posted.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

a couple more pieces found.

49 only 6 cyl only 16 inch shoebox wheels and neat aftermarket cad sombrero caps.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Those aftermarket Sombrero look-alikes are nice. They will fit the car very well. Great find.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

thanks rik i am pretty excited. i think between the grill and 16 inch wheels it will make my shoebox stand out.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

So I lied the motor blowing up slowed me down for sure. I did get my new wheels powder coated and mounted. and Saturday I picked up a super nice 8ba. As soon as I am done with a car I am working on for a buddy I will do motor swap number 3! I also picked up a nice set of 51 bumpers and a clean 51 deck lid!

any way now with the 16’s what do you guys think I am thinking about going about an inch lower all the way around.

and the new to me motor. has about 1,000 miles on a rebuild and has adjustable lifters.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

I’d drop the front so the upper fender lip is about level with the top of the whitewall and see how it looks. It’s kind of hard to tell with it parked on that driveway where it is flat on top and slanted at the back. I have a feeling it makes the back look lower than it actually is

RainierHooker
    Participant

Glad I found this thread on here, and glad you are back in business under the hood. Looking forward to more early custom goodness.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

I’d drop the front so the upper fender lip is about level with the top of the whitewall and see how it looks. It’s kind of hard to tell with it parked on that driveway where it is flat on top and slanted at the back. I have a feeling it makes the back look lower than it actually is

yeah it’s hard to get a decent pick currently since it does not run.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Glad I found this thread on here, and glad you are back in business under the hood. Looking forward to more early custom goodness.

thanks man. I appreciate it.

RainierHooker
    Participant

AS far as your drop is concerned, I’d leave the rear where its at. Drop the front just enough that the fender lip is just barely shy of the whitewall. Low, but not so low that it spoils the perfect roundness of the sidewall.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

so this will be my last update on this thread. i sold the shoebox last night. so long shoebox.

hello 1941 mercury convertible!!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh…. that is sad to see the Shoebox go…. but very happy to see the 41 Merc come into the CCC-Family 🙂

Looking forward to see you get started on that… and hear your plans for it.

Have fun with the Merc Glen Dale…. and hopefully we will see more on the Shoebox from the new owner.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.