Custom Car Chronicle

shoebox business coupe

Home Forums CCC Forum shoebox business coupe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    glen dale caldwell
    Participant

well I did not get my early custom sedan but I did get a shoebox coupe. I traded the galaxie for it. it is all original flathead six volt.I am super excited it will not be here until Febuary.So the plan is not take it apart drive it and enjoy for a while.i need foxcraft style skirts,51 plates,firestones and one more appleton 552.anyway her are the pics.

Looks like you’ve got yourself a good, solid driver there Glen. Nice approach too, getting to know the car before digging in. There is so much to like about the shoebox Ford, but I especially like the coupe – they respond to almost any mod., from mild to wild and look great doing it. Congrats!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

dave thanks man. It’s funny I am stoked on the coupe or a hardtop vicki i don’t think i would do a sedan though.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I really love those Shoebox coupes. And especially the 51’s since they have the most attractive bumpers of the Shoebox years. I love the extra details those bumpers have….
    So what will be the plan for it… I hope a really nice Chop… Have you seen the one the Ayala’s did for Jim McClaren on the CCC-Article?

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

rik i have see that article. i am going to take it slow and eventually way down the road chop it. i am tired of not having a car on the road.

Eric H
    Participant

How about sectioning it? Great score!

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

eric i have never been a fan of sectioned cars. just not my thing at all.and thank you i am super excited.

Richard James
    Participant

Nice I have a very similar project but with a ’50, bit further along as I already have the the foxcraft and tyres !

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

This looks pretty good and solid.I don’t blame you for wanting to drive and enjoy the car. I vote NO on sectioning the car but of coarse just my opinion. I think the recent Ayala discovery is flat out gorgeous. If your car was mine… I would just get some new wheels covers and tires and drive it.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

jeff i am trying to gather up stock wheels and have tires put on them now. the car will be here feb 11th.so with some luck i will have tires skirts and be ready to lower when it gets here. then drive and take my time.i am sure a chop will eventually happen but way down the road.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

just to keep you guys updated. the car will be here Thursday. I have meet most of my goals. I have brand new firestone 6.70’s stock wheels, foxcraft skirts,aerostar springs, and a Edmunds dual carb intake. I am almost done sandblasting the wheels and then my painter will shoot them for me. I almost forgot I also picked up some lyons caps for it. stay tuned stage one should come together pretty fast now.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

she gone..

and here we go.

dean says I can keep it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The beginning of something good!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

thanks rik I am pretty excited obviously. I should have the wheels and tires mounted tomorrow morning and hopefully lowered this weekend.

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.