Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

That black ’57 Chevy is just exactly how I always pictured the new rich kid in town’s car in Crash Club by Henry Gregor Felson. All it needs is “Conquer or Die” in latin on the trunk lid. 😉

David Conrad
    Participant

I’m not a tri 5 Chevy kind of guy but that black one is Right on time.

David Conrad
    Participant

Speaking of Henry Gregor Felson, his books were the only books I would read from cover to cover in my early teens. I’d even come home from school and instead of playing out side I’d go right to my room and read those books. I have all of them. One of the very few autograph I  ever got was his at the KKOA event in Holland, Mich.

David
    Participant

I’m right there with you Dave. I read all those and checked out all the old car books that showed Detroit stylists making clay models and prototypes. I got all the Felson books years ago when they were reprinted in a set, but have spent a lot to time trying to track down old library car books I used to check out. Taken a few years, but I have found several of them.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Bruce Glascock shared these sad pictures of Jack Snyder’s 1956 Chevy restyled by Joe Wilhelm.

And this is how it looked in better days.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

David Conrad
    Participant

It is really  amazing how one guy can put so much work in to a car and another can let it sit outside and let it go to pot.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

‎Scott Menges did some more updates on his wild 1940 Dodge and painted it super black for an ultimate sinister Art Deco look. Almost ready to go to the GNRS.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I stopped by Vintage Motors in Sarasota today and saw the Leo Lyons Merc.
    And the Kurtis Omohundro roadster, a Bangert Manta, a Kellison and lots more. Fun visit!IMG_20180113_123307026

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I never cared for this car until I saw it today. Completely changed my opinion.

IMG_20180113_123252360

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Good for you Dave… The Lyons Merc is a really great sample of the late 50′ early 60’s style, and we need to be very thank full for Geoff and his friends to restore it back to original.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Steve Leary shared this photo of the Wayne Mahaffey 1935 Ford Phaetonrestyled in ’49-’50. The car has a Gaylord’s top and interior.

Jack Snyder ’56 Chevy by Joe Wilhelm shared by Bruce Glascock.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Sal Mammano 1954 Buick restyled by Gaylord. Photo taken by Saint Vasquez. Thanks to Ross Ruiz (46 to 64) for sharing.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

John Hellmuth shared these two photo of a mystery Customs photographed in the mid 1950’s in St Louis, Missouri.

Anybody seen it before?

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Pretty wild and I can’t recall seeing it before either.

Here is a nice 39 Zephyr from Paul Cepedas IG.

39_ZephyrB

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Came across these super neat new products created by Kris Olsson Steering Wheel Kris.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.