Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ronnie Updike shared some photos of Dennis McKee‘s 58 Chevy.
    The Chevy was a custom painted job by Joe Anderson in a beautiful Pearl Tangerine.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Finland…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Came across this neat simple idea for flush fit skirts while browsing Facebook. Shared by Thom Heath as used on his personal Chevy Custom. He mentioned he has been driving with these for the last 4 years… never came off unwanted. (these are fiberglass skirts modified for flush fitting. But this could work on metal skirts as well)

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jamie Couture‎ shared another amazing photo on the New England Hot Rod and Kustom Historical Society facebook page. Looking forward to see more on this beauty.

“Received some amazing photos today from the Roy Hagedorn collection. I’ve only ever heard about this Kustom ’40 Ford before never seen any photos of it. Two iron workers supposedly built almost identical ’40’s with hand formed lift off steel tops. This is photographed in front of Hagedorn’s garage in Manchester CT. Stay tuned for more!”

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Barry Mazza shared some photos from his collection… Mercs…

David
    Participant

Love me some 70’s and 80’s Mercs. Wish George Beluscsak’s yellow Merc would show back up somewhere. One of my all time faves.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Love me some 70’s and 80’s Mercs. Wish George Beluscsak’s yellow Merc would show back up somewhere. One of my all time faves.

Anthony White mentioned this about George Beluscsak’s Mercury on facebook…

“In the 90’s it was candy red with a wood grain dash, digital gauges and tweed at Gettysburg”.

So I guess we will not see the yellow version again. Made a huge impack on me in my early years of falling in love with Custom Mercs.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Some great cars but those taillights on that green Merc :O

David
    Participant

Anthony White mentioned this about George Beluscsak’s Mercury on facebook… “In the 90’s it was candy red with a wood grain dash, digital gauges and tweed at Gettysburg”. So I guess we will not see the yellow version again. Made a huge impack on me in my early years of falling in love with Custom Mercs.

That makes me sad right there. 🙁

Participant

Customs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I always try to post and share stories about Custom Cars that fit the sub-line of the CCC Logo The Beauty of Customizing in some way. But once in a while something comes along that does not really fit this, but still is to interesting not to share. This is one of these cases.

I never cared much for Frank Maratata’s 1940 Mercury, the “Pink Beast” that even made it in color on the cover of a mid 1950’s Rod & Custom Magazine. To me it always was a case of changes for the sake of making changes, not really improvements to the overall look of the car.

But last night Jamie Couture‎ shared some really great 1953 photos of the earliest version of Frank Maratta’s 1940 Mercury “Mystery” on the New England Hot Rod and Kustom Historical Society Facebook Page. Great early color photos of this unique one of a kind Custom from Hartford.

Kyle Connole
    Participant

Came across this neat simple idea for flush fit skirts while browsing Facebook. Shared by Thom Heath as used on his personal Chevy Custom. He mentioned he has been driving with these for the last 4 years… never came off unwanted. (these are fiberglass skirts modified for flush fitting. But this could work on metal skirts as well)

I did something similar on the skirts for the Mulholland Speedster, but I used spring loaded pins instead of this style, although they are pretty close to this style.  It has worked great so far, and there is a bit of extra security with them spring loaded.  We got them from McMaster Carr.  I’ll have to dig up a couple photos.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jersey Mike on Facebook (CCC’s Mike Sutton) shared a great set of photos of Mick Dornes ’46 Ford coupe restyled with a wonderful mix of styles.

Words and pics by Mike
    Decided to take a 35 minute ride tonite to a local cruise nite. always on the hunt for some cool customs but seems no matter where you go customs are always in the minority. well i lucked out tonite and got to meet Mick Dornes and see his ’46 ford that he has owned for 63 years. Mick’s car was featured in the july ’62 edition of speed and custom magazine when he was 17. the car has seen even more custom work since the feature and is truly full custom car! great car, great guy, great talking with you.

Last picture is taken by a 9 year old Anthony White.

Tony
    Participant

But last night Jamie Couture‎ shared some really great 1953 photos of the earliest version of Frank Maratta’s 1940 Mercury

That is one of the ugliest cars ever built. And famous for it.

Now I have to go and wash my eyes with bleach. Thanks Rik.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I know Tony…. and Sorry…

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.