Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Jeff Ludwig in progress Shoebox.

Wow this is going to be great. Colour scheme very similar to the gold version of the Hirohata.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Matt Townsend 51 Mercury convertible he is working on at his shop.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Charlie Hascall beautiful period perfect ’36 Ford 5-window coupes

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Chopped 58 Plymouth

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Always loved 33-34 Fords done as Customs… This one looks to be done nice, with a mix of Hot Rod and Custom feel to it. Wish I had more photos of it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Custom Car and Hot Rod artist Pekka Mannermaa from Finland took this photo of a brand new customized Larry Watson panel paint styled 1960 Buick at the Hang’em High car show in Sweden. Looking forward to see some more photos of it.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Shared by Jack Hedden‎
    “The 1936 Coupe that was in the movie Thunder Road. Built back in the day by Jr Kuykendall. This car was sectioned outside, under and oak tree, using a hacksaw… that’s how it was done before all these fancy new tools.”

Sadly the car was street rodded over the years with new running gear, new tweet and leather interior and tires and wheels that have all nothing to do with how it used to look. (I won’t even share the interior photos here, preventing everybody from… what has been seen cannot be undone)

Still nice to see the sectioned coupe body…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Another photo of that really nice Watson Panel Paint style 1960 Buick from Sweden.
    Pekka Mannermaa took this photo while the car was sitting in his booth getting ready for some triping.

Russell Galindo Pontiac.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The New England Hot Rod and Kustom Historic Society on facebook ahred some great photos of John Bozio’s 53 Buick. The car now lives in Sweden.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Brian Holden added some new trim to his already gorgeous ’36 Ford Coupe.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jack Thomas shared these 1962 photos on his facebook recently…

Glenn
    Participant

I recently joined this site and really enjoy it. Back in the 80’s-90’s I was a huge custom car guy attending the Gettysburg KKOA event every year. I lost my way and went the hot rod route, but I have cleared my head and I am back now!

I see most of the cars on this site are pretty radical, but thought I would share my mild custom 55 Chevy. Its not an old build from the 60’s or anything, but instead built when I was a high school punk on the mid-late 80’s. The car has black cherry paint, certain trim shaved, smoothed trunk. Of course the obligatory 57 Caddy caps and wide whites.

Here is the car on my way to the senior prom in 1987

And here is the very same car with the same paint and interior 30 years later.

Wow Glenn, you must have been a odd duck in high school!  In a very cool way I mean!!  Way to hang on to that good looking Chevy too!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hello Glenn, welcome.

The Gettysburg KKOA in 1993 was my very first ever US Custom Car Show I went to. Were you there? and if so did you have a car there? Love your mild 55 Chevy.

Gettysburg-KKOA-1993-A

Glenn
    Participant

Hello Glenn, welcome. The Gettysburg KKOA in 1993 was my very first ever US Custom Car Show I went to. Were you there? and if so did you have a car there? Love your mild 55 Chevy.

Hello Rik, Pleasure to be on this site and get a chance to share with you.

I’m not exactly sure about 1993, but did attend most of those years before and after. At one point I was the KKOA Late Model Division Director for Connecticut. At this point in life I was getting married and wanted to still live the “custom life”, so late models worked because they were something I could drive daily and still be part of the scene.

I think we took a different car almost every time we went! I grew up with a dad that was a huge car guy, but he never got attached to them. He loved the chase of the “new” toy and then putting his look to it. On this laptop I only have a few pics of some of the cars we took, missing is a 63 Impala and a chopped top 73 Monte Carlo.

This is the first time we went when it was in Hanover, 1972 Pontiac LeMans

My chopped top Buick Regal seen here in 1988 at Gettysburg. I won the Late Model Award that year. This car was my daily driver for at least 3 years. 

And this radical 60 Chevy pick up we bought in California in 89 from the original builder and drove all the way across country back to CT. The truck had been at one time the divisional champ in ISCA for Radical Pickup class.

As for the 55, we acquired it in a trade deal in 1986 at Lead East. That last pic of the yellow LeMans was the last time I saw that car. A guy swapped us straight up for the 5 when it was still turquoise and white. It was a mostly stock V8 Bel Air 2 door hard top. We drove it from Jersey to CT and had fun for s few months before tearing into it for the mild custom makeover. This was the very first car dad and I collaborated on. Before that, I was always the kid in the passenger seat, the sidekick. But this was the first one that was “ours”. We decided on the color, the interior, what trim got shaved and what stayed. I had to fight to keep the hood bird, I think its iconic to the car, but easy got rid of the emblem below it. We enjoyed the hell out of that car for a few years until dad decided to move onto the next project, as he always did. I was young enough in life to not have all the funds to buy him out of it. So off it went….

Fast forward to 2008, I was looking through some old photos and stumbled onto a bunch of the 55. I got real nostalgic and starting thinking about the car. Couldn’t get it out of my head. I told my wife I was going to start looking for it, and if I found it I was going to buy it back. The problem was, we had no idea where it went. So I posted all over the internet on every car forum and ti five site I could find, pictures and details. All to no avail. I would go back and update the threads periodically in hopes of someone seeing it and remembering the car. Finally my luck changed when in November of 2015 I got a phone call from a guy in Florida that had just bought it and while doing some research in its history he found my searches. Turns out, the pin striping and lettering that Bob Stickles had done in 1987 was still on it. So when the guy did a google search for “1955 Chevy” and “sweet cherry wine” he found me! Imagine, had that lettering been removed at some point the car would have been lost from me forever. Fight had stepped in for sure. In the end the guy realized I deserved to have my old car back. I flew to Florida to check it out, and after only one walk around it I made the deal and bought it back. It arrived at my house on the Monday before Christmas 2015. The best Christmas present a guy could ever get! That is still 100% the same paint and interior as when we built the car. Right down to the 3/4″ long scratch my father put in the passenger rocker when putting the seat back in. Its still there!! Something I can’t bring myself to touch up for sure.

Here I am in Florida when checking out the car, so amazed that the lettering was still there!

And here coming off the transport truck coming home to me. The only thing I have done is add the steelies and wide whites, and the Caddy caps that I had hanging on the garage wall for 15 years waiting for a car to put them on.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.