Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author

Thanks Rik. That´s a good one, maybe I want it just a little darker but it´s absolutly a good example.The color on Palles 51 Merc is also a nice one. Not decided yet if I want metallic or a solid paint but I have a lot of time thinking about that. Was it very common with metallic in the early 50´s?I would like to date my car somewere around 50-51.

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

I saw the red Corvette (Buster Dobbs 1953 Corvette, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee 1993) in a museum down in Daytona Beach, Florida in about 2002. I really like that car. It’s neat to see a customized Corvette, there were lots of them in the old magazines, but it’s rare to see one in person.

Trend Books Custom Cars Annuals
    www.trendcustomcars.com

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words Rik. I might have one or two skills but I don’t consider photography being one of them. I usually take very few pics at car shows for some strange reason (and I usually regret it after a while). However, this was an exception and here are the rest of the pics I took. The Harold Olsen Chevy (I’m not sure about his name) has always been a favorite of mine and I think the body type is a bit overlooked as custom material. Personally I think it matches any coupe or cvt I’ve seen. Sorry for the poor scans.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Amazing photos again Bert. I really love the style of cars you photographed.
    I agree with you on Harold Olsen’s Chevy… a masterpiece. I liked it the best in the Winfield Orange fade. Much nicer that the colors it was painted after that. Only one minot thing I would change about it… and that is lower the rear an inch or two more. It has a slight forward rake which looks odd with the wonderful teardrop shape of the body.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

There is something magical about those photos.. those early 1980’s shows. So great!

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

I’m on the same page as you on both the color and the stance and it actually looks like a lot of these cars had pretty low front ends. Another observation is that lake pipes seemed to be almost mandatory and that Packard taillights ruled. Or, it could also be that I managed to locate all cars at the show that had those taillights since I liked them a lot. I was obviously very inspired by all the cars so shortly after the show I bought myself a set of Packard taillights, a set of lake pipes and even an Imperial grille bar (inspired by Dougs Chevy), never used any of those parts though.
    Another car that I think really stood out was the blue and gold mild custom Chevy. Can’t remember what the rear end looked like but I remember that it had a smashing interior, the coolest I ever seen.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Great pictures fellas, some great looking customs in that mix.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dustin Foreman
    Participant

……

Attachments:
    David Wolk
    Participant

Great photos everyone.
    Dustin, I really like the photo of the 57 nomad with fender skirts. One cool car.

Dustin Foreman
    Participant

The red Nomad is a slick ride for sure. I love what the Japanese have done for the custom car world in the past 10-20 years. They really have a way of thinking outside the box and blending different styles and still making it look “right”. For instance, this 55 chevy.

Attachments:
    Dustin Foreman
    Participant

A few classy shoeboxes at the KKOA show in Salina a few years ago.

Attachments:
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Very nice Dustin. The purple primer Vicky is really nice, I love the flush skirts on that one.

The photo of Yaril’s Convertible is really great as well. There is something going on with the top where it moved slightly upwards at the front which makes it look strange with the top up. But your photo masks this really well. So in this photo I really love this car. Yaril did a fantastic job on that car.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

The rear is getting lowered two more inches this week hopefully.

Attachments:
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I think the four door hart top roof lines on the 1956 an 57 are the best of this type of car. So much better than the other body stle roofs. Two inches will look so good on this one… Is it yours Jeff?

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

I wish it was Rik. 🙂 Its my grandfathers. Its pretty stock but lowered a little with a gorgeous tuck n roll interior.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.