Custom Car Chronicle

Random Custom Car Photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Random Custom Car Photos

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,511 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Another cell phone shot,a different type of custom.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thats a great shot Jeff.

Few more….

Paul Bragg

Rudy Clark 1938 Ford coupe.

Ron Box 1956 Lincoln.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Some really nice pics here, thanks for posting.

Here are a few photos I took at the 1988 lead sled spectacular in Holland Michigan. It was almost unreal, coming from Sweden where customs were very rare at the time, and walk around among hundreds of customs. My big hero at the time, and I guess he still is, was Doug Thompson and seeing that trio built by him in real life left a huge impression. Funny thing is that one of the photo of the Chevy already posted here is almost a copy of the photo I took. I believe they had the show at the same location for a couple of years. Sorry for the bad scans.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Those are fantastic Bert… more please!

Finally some good photos from this event. I have quite a few photos from this even in my collection, but all taken by unknown photographers… who clearly did not have the eye you have.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

George Garza 1951 Mercury. Built by Lucky 7 Custom, photographed at the 2009 Sacramento Autorama Mercury Gathering.

Barris-built 1938 Ford for Dick Fowler in the late 1940’s. Photo taken at the 2011 GNRS Customs Then & Now exhibit. The car is now owned by Kurt McCormick and undergoing a full restoration.

Curt Iseli
    Participant

When we did our book Scrapbook (which Rik was nice enough to review on CCC), we included photos taken by Steve Box during a 1950 trip from New Mexico to So Cal and Bonneville in his lowered, skirted ’46 Ford. He snapped photos the whole way, and came up with some real gold in terms of early, immediate post-WWII customs. Here are a couple of my favorites.

Here’s an unknown ’39 Ford Tudor on South Vermont in L.A., not far from the Carson top shop.

Attachments:
    Curt Iseli
    Participant

Jim Hall, who later co-founded Chapparal Cars, drove this lowered, skirted ’42 Merc fordor when he was in high school in Albuquerque where Steve Box grew up.

Attachments:
    Curt Iseli
    Participant

Chopped ’48 Buick on a used car lot in So Cal

Attachments:
    Curt Iseli
    Participant

This chopped ’41 Ford was on another used car lot in So Cal. What I wouldn’t give for a sack full of cash and a time machine…

Attachments:
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Great pictures Curt. And yes the sack full of cash and time machine would be nice. 🙂

Love this color.Is there anyone knows where it cames of off or if it´s a custom mix.Thinking of something similar on my 36.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks for those wonderful early Custom Car photos Curt. I really love those.
    That chopped ’39 two door really makes you.. or at least me, wonder why we do not see more of these sedans as custom cars.
    Love the four door Merc as well.Perfect ride for a family guy.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Kenneth, I have no info on the color used on Jerry Quesnel’s Merc. But in those days Barris and most others custom mixed most of the colors they used. They wanted to be each car different for any thing else on the road.

Thanks Rik.That´s what i suspect.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Kenneth, Rob Radcliffe from King Kustoms is in the process of painting his 1950 Ford shoebox. This is a traditionally restyled 1950 Ford and this is the color he is using.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,511 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.