Custom Car Chronicle

Pierson 1936 Ford Coupe Getting Restored

Home Forums CCC Forum Pierson 1936 Ford Coupe Getting Restored

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks To Ian Gibbons for the tip.

Another early Custom Restoration has reached its “final” stages. The old Custom/Hot Rod is in the capable hands of South City Rod and Custom, and has just been painted all glossy white at Compani Color.

I saw the car at the GNRS Customs Then & Now event in 2011. It was still bright red from it Street Rod days. But was already back on white wall tires and most of the other cosmetic early Custom items.

Looking forward to see this one go back together again.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

David Conrad
    Participant

Perfect, Looks great with the spare on it.

Eric H
    Participant

Beautiful, can’t wait to see more.

Bryan Rusk
    Participant

I’m so excited to see this one returned to its former glory. The new owner and the guys at South City Rod and Custom have really done this old girl the justice it deserves.

KingKustoms
    Participant

It was a pleasure to see this car in person at GNRS even in its hot rodded form, but now it is a real treat to see Bill Ganahl’s work combined with Compani Color. Another great historical kustom brought back to its former glory!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

I wonder if Bruce is gonna take this car to El Mirage and recreate the hotrod magazine cover ? When its finished of coarse. That would make for some great pics.
    Thanks to all shops involved in the restoration including CIRCLE CITY HOT RODS for taking this piece of history from a full blown street rod back to a custom.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Restoration of the Dashboard.

Chrome plating for the dash for the Pierson Coupe was done by Sherms Plating

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More progress photos from the team at South City Rod & Custom.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More photos, some of them are from earlier stages in the Restoration Process.

Bill mentioned “All original parts for the Pierson 36. Just got the carbs back from Max Musgrove, taking the lot up to Stan Vermeil to break in the motor.”

Jones-Motrola tachometer

A set of early Appleton S-112 spotlights was carefully taken apart and fully restored to perfection.

Lots of work was done to create the right license plate for the Rob Pierson Coupe. Billy Ganahl mentioned “Did you know license plates are made out of 48 gauge? I didn’t either until I started welding.”

Chassis assembly.

Anatomy of a 1940/1948 Ford steering column.

Bell Auto hand full pump.

The cast bullnose for the Pierson ’36 needed lots of work. Bill added material with silicon bronze and filing it to final fit to the hood and grill before chrome.

Lincoln dual coil distributor going out to get freshened up by Jere Jobe for the Pierson coupe.

Tony
    Participant

Holy cow! I’ve seen some things, but I’ve never seen a cut and paste license plate.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Very cool update thanks Rik! The license plate is insane 🙂

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Awesome. Love chrome plated dashboards.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Very cool update thanks Rik! The license plate is insane :)

There was a time when cutting and shutting a plate like that would get you a nickle and dime in San Quentin. Haha.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The chrome dash with the clock in the glove box door installed back inside the car.

Tony
    Participant

You would need good sunglasses to drive that!!! Beautiful resto job on the car.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.