Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 960 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Volvo PV544 Hard-Top SedanIG-Volvo-PV-2023-Custom-05

And the one below is my personal favourite Volvo PV Chopped Sedan. Two different color options.

Volvo-PV544-Custom-2023-RH01 Sedan-Final-02 2000Volvo-PV544-Custom-2023-RH01 Sedan-Final-01 2000

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1953 Ford Pick Up full Custom

IG-1953-Ford-Pick-Up-Custom-RHK-01psd

Tinwolf
    Participant

Variations on your sweet F100 … little bit of speedboat slant…

F100 2023 05 05

extended rear fender forward …

F100 2 2023 05 05

Extended rear …

F100 3 2023 05 05

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Tinwolf.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1939 Mercury 4-door mild, but not so mild Custom

I came across this photo on Facebook, I believe this car is part of the Ford Museum. I really liked the angle of the photo, setting, background and especially the color of the Mercury. I have always had a soft spot for this year 4-door sedans. They overall body shape looks just soo wonderful.
    This photo was ideal for something I wanted to try for some time. A 4-door sedan with a mild chop, and done in a way that could have been done as a factory restyling in the early stages of the design development.

Before I chopped the top I lowered the windshield, removing the large lip below the windshield. And to get more balance in the body I raised the lower edge of the side windows, to get the lower edge of the windshield and side window more in line. Then I mildly chopped the top, left the drip rail in place, but I did shave the door hinges for a smoother look. I removed the Mercury script and the lower trim piece on the hood sides, and also removed the gas filler and stock taillights.

FB-1939-Mercury-4-door-sedan-01

FB-1939-Mercury-4-door-sedan-02

IG-1939-Mercury-4-door-sedan-03

And this Custom project I wanted to do for some time.
    How about a 1940 Mercury Coupe with sedan doors and sedan style rear quarter windows. The stock 1939 and ’40 Mercury Coupes came with a hard-top styled roof and side window frames. Chopped those look absolutely wonderful, but in stock form the high top with thin window frames looks kind of odd compared to the other cars Mercury came out with in these two years.

On this Digitally Restyled Version I used the window frames of a 4 door sedan to create a coupe styled more along the lines of the same year Ford Coupes as well as the Mercury sedans.
    I started with adding the frames to the stock height body and later did a full Custom version with chopped top. This first version shows the chopped top with the drip rails and the chrome trim between the roof and catwalk still in place. To give it that distinctive ’39-’40 Mercury Coupe look. Perhaps I will do a more smoothed version later on where the drip rails arre shaved, and perhaps the fenders moulded in for a late 40’s Custom version. Not 100% happy with the color, but I ran out of spare time.

FB-1940-Mercury-Closed-Coupe-01

FB-1940-Mercury-Closed-Coupe-02

IG-1940-Mercury-Closed-Coupe-03

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

A quick little Digital Restyling project for fun. 1949 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette done as a Custom that could have been created at the Barris, or AyalaCustom Shop around 1950. ⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣The suspension was lowered, and slightly more taken out of the rear for a better flow. Cadillac Sombrero’s and wide Firestone white wall tires were added. The top was chopped with a little more taken out of the back. To get the lines flowing better I shortened the rear fenders a couple of inches⁣⁣, and reshaped then considerably removing the factory stock taillights and fender dip. The rear fender now has a nice teardrop shape that flows nice with the roof line. ⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣
    The body was smoothed, shaved emblems and handles. The bumper guards on the front bumper were sectioned and at the rear the bumper was tucked in a bit to flow with the fender shape.

49-Buick-Roadmaster-HRK01Final-02

Original image

49-Buick-Roadmaster-Original

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I created two different versions of my Digital Restyled Custom 1936 Ford Sedan Delivery. One as a more conservative chopped Custom, and one with a more experimental Coachbuild style body.
    I started with the more extreme version, wanting to create a delivery with coupe style doors, and smooth cargo body panels, a bit along the lines of the Lincoln Zephyr. I lowered the rood a few inches, stretched the doors to coupe dimensions, and reshaped the side window opening. I took the character line of the rear of the body and moved it to the B-pilar styled after the coupe. The rear of the body was smoothed, and a new character line was added flowing the the drip rail all the way to the back of the body. To get better dimensions I stretched the wheelbase a couple of inches for this version.
    Other details are smoothed hood sides, lowered and longer headlights. Smoothed running boards, 1937 Ford taillights, Lincoln bumpers and single bar flipper hubcaps.
    The second version I did was with a more conventional chopped top. But to make it a bit more special I also stretched the doors on this version, but only a few inches. The body side character lines stayed in place for this version.

FB-1936-Ford-Delivery-01

FB-1936-Ford-Delivery-02

FB-1936-Ford-Delivery-03

Original photo
    FB-1936-Ford-Delivery-04

I’m bummed that I cannot contribute to many of these threads anymore – as Photoshop is on another computer which no longer has internet capabilities.  So, that said, I really like what you fellows are “noodling” with your digital paint brushes.  Rik, I wanted to add skirts to the “radical” version of the ’36 sedan delivery (I love skirts!); would you mind doing that for me?

Thanks,

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I will do it tomorrow morning Dave.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Dave, here you go.

CCC-36-Ford-Wagon-RH01-2023Final-05

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1960 Ford Starliner with a mild chopped top, looking like a mild Customs, but it actually has quite some work done.
    I moved the front wheels and openings forward and shortened the front bumpers to give the car a little less front overhang. At the rear I moved the axle and wheel opening back a few inches to shorten the rear overhang, and get a bit better balance.

The top was chopped about 2 inches, and the rear of the body moved forward a few inches to line up with the new position of the c-pillar. I extended the side trim all the way to the front fender to help with the new much lower and longer look and feel. The suspension was lowered, and the car now has a very slight forward rake, but feels more like level.

I added medium wide white wall tires. Probably a little too wide for the time frame, but I liked these better than the thinner white walls. The hubcaps are custom made larger diameter stock hubcaps. I also did a version with black wall tires, since that looks really great on this one as well I think.

FB-1960-Ford-Starliner-RHK02

IG-1960-Ford-Starliner-RHK04

IG-1960-Ford-Starliner-RHK01

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ever since I saw Harry Bradley’s design sketches for his Hirohata mercury Wagon I wanted to do a Digitally Restyled version of the Hirohata Mercury done as a Wagon. Inspired by Mr. Bradley’s original design, but based on the real car, with some more realistic shaped as if it really could have been created in the early 1950’s by the Barris Kustom Shop.

With Mr. Bradley on my mind the last couple of days I figured it was time to get this fun project started.
    I used a side view photo of the Hirohata Mercury from the Mecum Auction. I first modified the stance of the car, raising the front and adding a bit more appropriate white wall tires.
    To allow the cargo section for the wagon to have a decent side window opening, I had to raise the windows a little bit from the original heavy shopped Merc. I also moved the vent windows forward a little to make this modification look more natural.

The c-pillar was added and the roof reshaped until it looked right. To make it all flow good the rear corner of the rear fender was angled forward.

New side window openings were created and the B-pillar radius was modified to flow nicer with the new roof shape. I also stretched the flush skirts, to optically add more length. The rear quarter panels were reshaped, as was the dip from the front fender to the section above the scoop. Based on the Bradley design I stretched the Buick side trim at the front, modified the paint line, and added a full length bottom strip. When done I also did a quick repaint to see how it would look with lime gold paint.

FB-Hirohata-Merc-Wagon-02

FB-Hirohata-Merc-Wagon-01

FB-Hirohata-Merc-Wagon-03

Dave, here you go.

Thanks Rik!  Looks good don’t you think?  I’ve always liked the profile of the ’35-’36 3 window doors/windows; and the way you’ve combined the sedan delivery body style of the ’40 really works!

I really have to figure out a handy way to get my Photoshop work over here so I am able to post my own artwork easily.. sigh..

Good stuff fellas!

-Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Tinwolf
    Participant

-48 Fleetwood 2d ht , shortened wheelbase , extended door , I like the longer trunk lid area that Fleetwood have and the sleak rear fender , yes it needs whitewalls and Appletons , I have to imagine them , lol !!

48 Fleetwood 2d ht 2023 05 30 2

Wolf

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1951 Mercury Digital Restyling Project
    I came across this nice side view photo af a stock 1951 Mercury 4-door sedan on the Mecum Auctions site. My original plan was to create a 4-door hard-top style streamlined Custom. But along the way I decided to transform it to a 2-door, which worked better with the moved back dog leg dip I had planned.
    This one has a LOT of restyling going on, most likely too much to realise in metal, but fun to get it done digitally. I started with lowering the suspension, to make the car sit right, then pie-cut sectioned the body from 0 at the front to a few inches at the back. The dog step was moved back and the rear quarter panel line lowered to match. The whole cabin was moved back and so was the rear axle, creating a longer wheelbase, but keeping the same overall length.

The top was chopped, and the side windows moved up a little, and restyled in a Hard-Top style. The rear window was angled forward, and the stainless adjusted to match. I added lipped front wheel openings and reshaped them to flow better with the new roof line. I added ’55 Lincoln Capri side trim and ’54 Mercury hubcaps. The grille has been modified with floating bar and thinned down wrap arounds. The bumper guards on the front were sectioned for a lower profile. Plus a ton more small modifications to make it all work together.

FB-1951-Mercury-Dream-Custom-01

Original photo from Mecum Auctions
    FB-1951-Mercury-Stock

Tinwolf
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 960 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.