Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Have you guys ever done anything with these Australian utilities? (I don’t know how to copy and paste a picture)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachments/fb_img_1642440002513-jpg.5290428/

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachments/fb_img_1642440012469-jpg.5290426/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Rik Hoving.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Rik Hoving.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I did one Ute… many years ago. Did this one for a client.

53FordUteRH0253FordUteRHBase

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Images Tony wanted to post.

FB_IMG_1642440012469FB_IMG_1642440002513

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That would be really interesting to see as full Custom Ute.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Ha ha ha Wolf.. I knew you were going to do that! But technically yours is still a four door…. Only the rear doors are now really wide

Your know me , yes I know I didnt do the B-pillar right , it would be fun to make a curved B-pillar … here is a fadeaway version to ad to the custom versions:

Fadeaway version

Wolf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Tinwolf.
    Tony
    Participant

I did one Ute… many years ago. Did this one for a client.

I knew a guy in the 90’s in Sydney who built a chopped 1951 version. I’m trying but can’t find a pic on line. He still has it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Tony.
    Tony
    Participant

That would be really interesting to see as full Custom Ute.

Someone suggested sedan rear fenders.

Tinwolf
    Participant

A fadeaway version with a single B-pillar :

Fadeaway version

And a Roadmaster version :

Roadmaster version

Wolf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Tinwolf.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Tinwolf.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I knew a guy in the 90’s in Sydney who built a chopped 1951 version. I’m trying but can’t find a pic on line. He still has it.

This one perhaps?

yellowspinnerute1-vi

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That Roadmaster version is DYNAMITE!!!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Roadmaster UTE

Ute version

David Wolk
    Participant

Very cool, someone needs to build it.

Tinwolf
    Participant

3w version:

Ute version 3w

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Fun quick Digital Restyling Project. I always liked some of the design element of the ’47-52 Studebaker. Its wonderfully shaped body, and especially the front fenders of the later models and rear fenders on all models which have a really wonderful design, which serve a perfect base for a Custom. Elements of the Studebaker have always found their way to Custom Cars, but in general the Studebaker is not often used as the base for a full Custom. Of course there are some well known exceptions, some created by the Barris Shop in the early 1950’s.
    I always wanted to do a full custom version of a 47-51 Studebaker Starlight with its wrap around rear window. I found a really nice side view photo of a 1951 model online which was the perfect base for what I had in mind. I always thought the window shape of the Studebaker looked a bit odd compared to the rest of the body, so I replaced it with a ’51 Ford unit. The top was chopped and a new longer and slightly more bulbous shaped top was created. The side window opening was reshaped to have a much more flowing shape instead of the rather square shape of the original one. The drip rail was removed and some stainless trim was created for the rear window to make it look more like the door window opening.
    For a full Custom I never care much for a dropping down in the front hood, so the ’51 Studebaker hood was replaced with an older ’48 model for that nose up in the air look. The front fender character line was reshaped and extended, flush skirts added to the rear fenders. Bumpers were replaced with ’51 Ford units, and for the ultimate version (first picture only) I added a few inched to the wheelbase.
    When I had the coupe top looking the way I wanted it I also created a Padded Topped version, one with a mailslot rear window, and one, perhaps a bit more appropriate for the Studebaker, with a panoramic rear window.

FB-51-Studebaker-Custom-01

FB-51-Studebaker-Custom-02

FB-51-Studebaker-Custom-03

FB-51-Studebaker-Custom-05

Tinwolf
    Participant

Thanks Rik for inspiration in these dark times … cool speedboat slant on both the chopped and carson topped version , I needed to see what it would look with some more sever bodymods , extended front end and abit more chop with shortened roof , still needs Appletons , maybe test a smooth “rocker aligned” skirt … sidetrim … two tone paintjob , clearly there is potential for a dynamite kustom that could have been built “way back when” to follow Tommy Thornburghs beauty !!

Studebaker chopped and extended 2022 03 09

Wolf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Tinwolf.
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.