Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I did this Miller Beer truck Custom versions many years ago… Fun stuff.

MillerBeerTruck-Kustom-Kar-Books-RH

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Grabbed a random copy of TRJ off the shelf to read with breakfast this morning….

Well, well, well, it happened to be issue 33 featuring a full spread of colourized customs by Rik Hoving.

Gorgeous work Rik!

thumbnail_20210610_082841

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Tom Kelly.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thank you Tom. That was a lot of fun.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Fun “little” Digital Restyling project I did for myself a few weeks ago. I wanted to see what an already magnificent looking 1934 Cadillac V-16 Fleetwood Aerodynamic Coupe would look like as a early custom. ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    I chopped top, leaned back the windshield, reshaped the roof, reshaped the window openings, raised and repositioned the windows. Removed parking lights, raised rear fenders with skirts added, and a few more little details here and there… (second photo shows the base photo of the stock Cadillac I found on the internet.⁣⁣)

A81D4FAB-8228-4530-9544-28E8A075008F

BEAA5270-5D0F-4D78-B6D1-C8DC4297248B

Tinwolf
    Participant

Mind boggling design to start with and the chop and lowering shows the slope and stans “to die for” .. lol , I read that three were produced in 1934 , four in 1936 and one in 1937 , so this will never happend but why not continue dreaming about the impossible , you usually like the “runningboard delete” and maybe some Quentins “pantograph door hinges” eliminating those protruding hinges and allowing for slanted B-pillar , no need for onebar hubcaps since this is where the design originated … lol again !!! With the three ribbed hood sides and front fender and skirt why not go the custom route and try the three ribbed -36 Cadillac bumper even if V16:s never had them … do I dare ask for Appletons ….

yes I can see it now !!!

34 Cadillac Aero sedan choptop custom

Quentin Hall
    Participant

This is the car that turned me into a custom guy!!! Make sure you watch the video. I worked along side it building signs. I whacked my fingers 50 times looking at the car not what I was working on.

Make sure you watch the video.

1934 Cadillac Aerocoupe

Tinwolf
    Participant

Ive seen the flick some year ago , truly the ultimate barn find , didnt remember it went to Australia , so your saying the car is close to a customizer , is there a glimmer of …………..

Whats the status of the restoration , is it started ?

https://classicandcustomcarnews.com/1934-cadillac-aerocoupe/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSF40HIZSOM

Quentin Hall
    Participant

My mate/ boss owns it. Restoration has been ongoing for the last 10 years . It is a nut and bolt resto. It is truly incredible. They must have had teams of tradesmen working on them. Knowing what’s involved I don’t even know how they made 3 in a year. Let alone all the other roadsters and phaetons and standard Cadillacs.

He IS NOT a customiser…. my 39 Sixty Special was a parts car for another 39 V16 Coupe …. luckily only the bumpers and dash and a few other bits and pieces were interchangeable…. otherwise I WOULD NOT be a customiser.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

A bit more fine tuning on the ‘34 Cadillac. I added the ‘36 Caddy bumper as Wolf suggested, also added ‘36 Caddy hubcaps with ‘34 flipper centers, removed the runningboards added frame covers with stainless trim and removed the hinges.

AED1AD60-A578-4293-8EDE-D8F22967AE42

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Another custom trick that this car pioneered and was perhaps already mentioned was shaved drip rails.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I came across this gorgeous Delahaye 148 L from 1950 with Coachwork by the famous Saoutchik couch builder while looking for some inspiration for a Digital Restyling Custom Car idea I have had for some time. A kind of mix between coach building and Customising based on late 1930’s Early 1940’s FoMoCo parts. A Custom Sedan with hard-top window frames and full fade aways fenders.

I have not yet figured out what parts I will be using, but then I came across this beautiful Delahaye with similar design elements I had in mind. So I figured I do a quick Digital Restyling design study to see how this Coachbuilt Classic would look with a little more Custom touches, helping me to figure out what I want to do with my Ford, Mercury, Lincoln project later on. The photo made me aware that I might need to add an early/mid GM roof in the mic for my Custom Project as well.

I have not done too much to the Delahaye, only chopped the top a little, lower the suspension, cleaned up a few elements and modified the front fenders.

403B2E12-75FF-421F-8FBA-0D42B72AB4C7

below is the original photo.

4392A9B1-7CE7-4040-9578-79040D30592C

Tony
    Participant

I keep scrolling up and down between the two images Rik. It’s amazing what a difference the lowering makes!

I also see that you cleaned up the hanging exhaust. (I hate seeing exhaust.)

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Interesting, Rik, you would see GM in the mix.  A 1947 Buick fastback roofline would really take the awkward bulge out of the profile of the Delahaye.  The sloping lower line of the windows is a European touch that seems to add to the “streamline” feel of those coachbuilt Delahayes.

James D
    Participant

Rover P4.

P42P42JD

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice one, James.

I did a Rover P4 a few  years ago, keeping it a four-door, but stretching the wheelbase a few inches. Lowered it, lightened up the roof. But it sucked; it still looked like a stodgy Rover P4!

I’d drive your version, for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.