Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 960 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

You are correct on all counts.

James D
    Participant

Renault 4CV, because I like small cars and sometimes you have to work with the raw material that´s available to you. A quick google revealed a couple of nice coupes based on this car, but they seem to just throw the body away and start from scratch.

Renault-4CV-1953-sideRenault-4CV-1953-side-stock

James D
    Participant

Normal service resumed. A Mk2 Zephyr 3w coupe.

Mk2 SideMk2-coupe-Side

Tony
    Participant

When I was young in the 60’s, people here used to customise Zephyrs. By then it was all the canted quad headlight stuff. Can’t say I remember any as attractive. A lot of it was ‘just because you can…’

James D
    Participant

I guess they were the most American looking cars that most people could easily get their hands on. Squint a bit (ok, a lot) and it´s a `57 Chevy.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Beautiful lines on the Mk2 Zephyr  James.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

I guess they were the most American looking cars that most people could easily get their hands on.

We built mostly American type cars , Customlines, Fairlanes, Falcons, etc., and the GM cars (Holden) were American in styling as well. We did also have local assembled American GM models. Pre-war types were also mostly American as well. For example, my sloper is a local product, but essentially a RHD version of the North american counterpart.

The Zephyr died out with the MkIII, not really volume sellers.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Time for some US tin ? 41 Lincoln Continental convertible

Stock 41 Lincoln Continental convertible

Chopped 41 Lincoln convertible

Chopped some more 41 Lincoln convertible

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

1949 Buick Roadmaster 4door

Stock 1949 Buick Roadmaster 4door

Built into a 2door post chopped shortened top extended trunklid shaved lowerd , all the good stuff …

Chopped top 1949 Buick Roadmaster 2door

A late -49 Buick Roadmaster Riviera 2door hardtop version with the sweet sweep spear sidetrim …

Chopped top 1949 Buick Roadmaster 2door hardtop

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

1939 Mercury convertible with raised fenders

39 Merc convertible

Chopped , shaved and skirted

39 Merc choptop convertible

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

One for the book of impossible custom car builds : 1936 Cadillac Fleetwood convertible

Stock 36 Cadillac Fleetwood convertible

Chopped  lowerd and shaved  36 Cadillac Fleetwood convertible

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

1954 Mercury rancho del rio  would be a neat name for a pickup version ….

Stock 54 Merc

a pickup version chopped & shaved …

Chopped pu 1

Chopped some more

Chopped pu 2

Wolf

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Inspiring ideas Wolf… Love them.

That ribbed fender skirt and extended panel behind the skirt on the 1949 Buick Roadmaster 4door is VERY interesting. Would have been cool if that whole ribbed bottom panel would be the skirt. Wonder if that was an aftermarket dress-up product or if it is home made.

The ’54 Mercury woody is something somebody should really create.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tinwolf
    Participant

Thanks Rik !

Don’t know about the skirt trims on the -49 Buick , never seen it before but looked interesting , probably someone going to town with cutting and splicing up some trims , lol ! I like the Doug idea with his -49 Fleetwood , saving another -49 4door body and build a cool 2door post full blown traditional custom !

The -54 Merc I think would look great as a pickup with or without the woody trim , I just found that sideview picture to cut and splice ! proportions are neat and taking a stationwagon that already has the trunklid and rear part of the roof would make a sweet custom pickup !

I love the -41 Lincoln , cutting off that Continental trunk and make some smooth flowing trunklid , it already has the “moved up” fenders that was done on several Fords and Mercs of the fourties era customs , long front end , flushfit skirts , just lovely proportions !

Wolf

Tony
    Participant

You could use an Australian 54 Ford ute to build the Merc off.

Just google 1954 Ford ute.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 960 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.