Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    kustomland
    Participant

Rik that photo shop of the ” Coachcraft 1940 Mercury roadster ” is just stunning, I tell you what Rik I was never a fan of sketching or photo shopping before as it killed the ” UNKONOWN ” factor in building a car and learning the hard way what works and what does not.

I really used to dislike sitting at home watching T.V. and Chip Foose would come on with his sketches and I would be like this is stupid with his sharpie pens.

I used to only like using the original photos of car’s that Barris took and the car show photos as examples.

Tho Rik I must say you have completely changed my thinking and that ” COACHCRAFT ” Roadster you did is just stunning….
    If that car was really built and after seeing all the cars at the ” THEN AND NOW ” G.N.R.S. id stop going to car shows because everything has nearly been done….!
    KUSTOMLAND

Tinwolf
    Participant

To toy with pictures or sketching before cutting is just common sense , “doing it the hard way” ? isn’t there enough builds out there done that way . Sketching is noting new , below is George Barris sketch of the Hirohata Merc front end , who knows how many proposals that ended up in the waste basket . also there is still plenty of unknown left since the car is three dimensional that couldn’t be described by a simple picture . I see the big advantages in trying different parts and proportions ahead of buying parts and cutting to weed out the bad lookers and still creat something unique that looks dynamite ! Also in this thread I think someone can be inspired , to see something else that hasn’t been built yet and possibly start to get into the world of customs and coachbuilt cars , atleast I hope so , so please you all cut , hack something toghether or sketch with a pencil on paper , show us something that you thought about and wanted to see !
    Wolf

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mrjynx
    Participant

^^if you don’t know where youre going you end up like James Laga and his ”telstar” custom project.

Jim_Laga’s_1950_Ford

I don’t think theres enough parts to go around for everyone to do that.

plus photoshop or drawings let people imagine doing things they otherwise couldnt

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Holy , just checked out the “Telstar”. I think he should rename it ” the many faces of Eve”.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Here is my 2013ish photocopy custom. You have to remember that I wasn’t a custom guy at all. It was only that I had this niggle in my head that wouldn’t go away. . . And once Rik came on board and our friendship was cemented by his Photoshop renderings I was sold, hook line and sinker.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dean Miller
    Participant

I have Rik working on some digital restyling for my 51.I agree with you guys it’s good to see your thoughts before you commit them to sheet metal.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Here’s a nice ’57 Chevy Handyman wagon I found on Facebook.
    Well done with added Bel Air trim, but a little too street rod-y for me.

57 Handyman by David Tartaglia[/url], on Flickr

So, I moved it in a more custom direction: revised trim, hubcaps, whitewalls and a subtle 1.5″ chop.
    Taillights are ’57 Chrysler. And I made the rake a little less severe.

57 Handyman 06 by David Tartaglia[/url], on Flickr

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

I can’t remember were I found these pics, maybe here on CCC? Anyhow, I think they are very cool and I suppose somebody made them as a proposal for a sports custom. So, I guess all you need to do is to take a trip to the local junk yard and pick up some Willys, Ford and Lincoln parts and then start welding.

sports1

sports2

sports3

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Great sketches Bert.
    Never seen them before.. not from the CCC for sure

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

Not done much lately, but I saw one of these old Sunbeam Rapiers and had to have a shot at it.

mike sutton
    Participant

wow james, the taller fins kind of give it a little bit of a studebaker look.

James D
    Participant

wow james, the taller fins kind of give it a little bit of a studebaker look.

The fins are just painted and the lower trim lowered down a bit.
    It really is a baby Studie though.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Beautiful James D.. Love the lines.

I had to see it with some skirts in the back… but after doing the quick Photoshop I think I like your open wheeled version better.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

They both look good. Tough one to call, either way.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

James, nice mods on the Sunbeam Rapier. Haven’t seen one here in ages. I thought Studebaker, too.
    The Studebaker Larks were created by using the old 1950s central tub with shortened front and rear clips.
    So what if we merged the 1950s Silver Hawk bolt-on fins with the later Lark body…

Silver Lark 00 by David Tartaglia[/url], on Flickr

91035_Side_Profile_Web by David Tartaglia[/url], on Flickr

Silver Lark 03 by David Tartaglia[/url], on Flickr

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.