Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

This topic contains 410 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Rik Hoving 2 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 411 total)
  • Author

James D
    Participant

Keep thinking I´m done with these cars, but nooo….added later rear fenders to a round back Vedette. Rather nice result i think.

Dos-Rond-side5

2+

ARTMAN
    Participant

Very kool! just fender skirt too long…. 😀

GoOd TiMeS !

1+

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I like the longer rear fender James.

And I disagree on the “too long skirts”. Often when customs use flush skirts, they are mounted inside the stock wheel opening. To me they always look a bit to short, and the overlapping length of the “stock” skirt looks much better, adding optical length to a car. In my eyes flush skirts should be at least the size of the overlapping skirts.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

2+

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I had a go at the Austin Devon that James G reworked as a coupe. We had one when was 8 or so. I did it as a 2-door sedan.  Chopped and dropped and restyled the fender line. Borrowed James D’s rear spats because they looked so nice!

Austin 3 Final

1+

James D
    Participant

I was looking at one of these Lincolns and thinking that it´s quite a bold design, once you start to knock all the mid-1970s crap off it. I shortened up the back of the roof, as well as the other mods. I know most folks are all about the smooth “flow”, but there´s something to be said for looking at these angular designs too.

1978-Lincoln-Mark-V-DJ-blue-b

1978-Lincoln-Mark-V-DJ

2+

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

I like it James. Very clean! I would lose the plastic trim on the bumpers but other than that it is cool. Seems like something Rick Dore or John D’Agostino might tackle.

1+

ARTMAN
    Participant

19552-chevrolet-bel-air_100166432_l1

GoOd TiMeS !

3+

Tinwolf
    Participant

My butchered variation of Eric Blacks fantastic Packard 3w rendering:

Mike Black Packard 3w

Packard 3w topchop

Packard 3w topchop2

2+

Tinwolf
    Participant

Another cut and splicejob on a beautiful -47 Cadillac sedanette parked uphill infront of an ArtDeco building :

47Cad uphill

47Cad topchop

47Cad topchop 1 fadeaway

47Cad topchop 2 fadeaway

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

-37 LaSalle

1937 LaSalle stock

1937 LaSalle chop top

1937 LaSalle chop top shaved hood side

1+

James D
    Participant

British car….Hillman Super Minx Estate….

Hillman super minx estate side

Hillman-super-minx-estate-side

Tinwolf
    Participant

Sweet , you blew the fuddy daddy out of it , how about a chopped delivery ?

Delivery

Wolf

1+

Torchie
    Participant

I was looking at one of these Lincolns and thinking that it´s quite a bold design, once you start to knock all the mid-1970s crap off it. I shortened up the back of the roof, as well as the other mods. I know most folks are all about the smooth “flow”, but there´s something to be said for looking at these angular designs too. 1978-Lincoln-Mark-V-DJ-blue-b 1978-Lincoln-Mark-V-DJ

Interesting James. I worked in a Lincoln Mercury Dealership body shop during this time frame and painted more then a few of these. The hoods were like a flight deck on a aircraft carrier.  There are many examples still around and in pretty good shape. Plus the prices aren’t too bad.

Torchie

1+

James D
    Participant

Nice one Tinwolf. I only didn´t chop it because of the strange windscreen – it rolls over at the top and i have no idea how you could chop one. But i really like what you did.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

For those who are looking for the discussion on Custom Made windshield….

I have moved those to an old thread about this interesting topic.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 411 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.