Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 960 total)
  • Author
    James D
    Participant

Really like that one Rik.

James D
    Participant

The Vedette coupe always looked a bit strange to me, but i never realised why until i saw this old photo. It seems that the car was originally designed as a three window and then somebody decided that they´d sell more if it had back seats and so extended the roof. I know they´re rare and expensive, but i´d love to put one back to how it should have been.

96b38ff8d349819abee07edc3f35120d

James D
    Participant

Austin Devon coupe. Quite a few changes on this, but it´s kinda nice i think.

Austin A40 Devon 1950 side

Austin-A40-Devon-1950-coupe

James D
    Participant

As part of my continuing mission to turn everything into a coupe….here´s a Morris 1000 three window coupe. Laid the front screen down a bit and the boot area is tipped forwards also, to slim the tail down. Shortened the belt moulding at the back too. The only downside is that even though it started out as a two door, you still need to stretch the doors a few inches to make it look right.

177075_Side_Profile_Web

Morris-1000-coupe

Morris-1000-coupe-lowlight

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice job on the Morrie! Good thing I don’t have any more room in my garage…

Mark
    Participant

James, the Austin and Morris renditions are fabulous. If I hadnt already started on my Morris chop, I could have easily been persuaded to use your three window coupe design. I have always wanted an Austin A40 in my workshop….if one ever comes my way…..i might just use your design on that too (although Im not sure whether I would have the skills to pull it off). Please keep posting your concepts.

James D
    Participant

Corsair – two doored, chopped, raked screen, couped rear roof. Less obvious are the radiused front arches. Ford put shirt button wheels on these cars originally and arches that are only a tad bigger, so i opened them out to fit 15″ Tru spokes. Reshaped the rear arches and added a swage line that runs back to the top of the rear bumper. Kept the original blue silver colour, as it really seems to suit the era. The car looks almost like a factory offering to me. I guess that´s good?

Corsair

Corsair-Coupe

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

JAMES!!!!!!

Love your work… very inspirational.

The Vedette is my favorite… ever when I saw a four door rotting away in a field in Sweden on a summer vacation in the early 1980’s I have liked those Mini Mercs…. The Coupe is the holy grail… and a Custom Coupe… would be so nice. I so much love American based Customs, but some of these European cars make such great looking customs. I hope yous Restyling supersizes will result in some more of these European cars done as Classic Customs.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

Ah thanks for the nice words Rik. Really appreciate it.

There always seems to be this feeling that European cars are just poor mans customs and i understand why people think that way, as there were so many badly done cars over the years. I also feel like it´s harder to screw up when you start with an American car too, as you´re on safe ground. Even so, when you see how nice some of these European cars could look, with some careful thought and the right choices being made, they can be just as stylish in the end.  So it seems crazy not to start with something cheap and just have fun cutting it up, as you´re totally free from the  worry that you risk destroying an expensive imported car.

I love those Vedettes too. Wish there were more coupes. I think quite a lot of the coupes get converted into fake convertibles, as they´re worth more. Yuck.

ARTMAN
    Participant

GoOd TiMeS !

James D
    Participant

Yet another version of the Vedette “dos rond”.

There´s a misalignment on these cars between the top of the windscreen and the side windows, which are much lower. The best way to fix this is to go for pillarless door window frames, which raises the windows to match the screen. Also the roof crown on these cars is really heavy and this helps with that too.

Dos-Rond-side1

Dos-Rond-side4

ARTMAN
    Participant

Good but..it’s a Vedette…

I think that the moulding decking has to remain in the original place.. It shortened the rear..

GoOd TiMeS !

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Porsche 924s go cheap in my area. I did an Italian restyle that borrows from the De Tomaso Pantera, with some Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo thrown in, too. It is lowered and chopped. I replaced the clunky bumper/grille with one I modified from a Lamborghini Urraco. You should be able to find one in your local junkyard…

Porsche 924 Final

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Front 924 Final

James D
    Participant

Nice. I had to draw one of these up for work the other week. The guy that designed it was a bit of a newcomer and i read that he had huge problems converting his sketches into reality, in the form of a clay model. The quote was something along the lines of him trying to stop it looking like a potato!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 960 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.