Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    Mild Mitch
    Participant

Much prettier!

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice work, James.

The Swiss coachbuilder Graber built quite a few Alvises over the years. Usually much sleeker than the factory units.

James D
    Participant

I saw a Graber bodied Alvis when i was in southern Germany, being used as a wedding car. When i googled it, it turned out to be the actual very last Alvis car ever registered new, which happened becuase Graber took a while to build the body.

There was a cool looking chop topped Alvis Burns special too, with an interesting story…

http://www.classicandsportscar.ltd.uk/Alvis-Burns-Special/classic-cars-for-sale/17220

James D
    Participant

Running OT here maybe? Never tried to do anything from the 1970s, or anything wedge shaped either. The Austin Princess had some interesting lines that i thought i could do something with. Decided to just embrace the whole 70s brown metallic paint and vinyl roof thing in the end.

s_Princess 2200 HL side

Princess-2200-HL-side-copy

Princess-2200-HL-break-copy

Tony
    Participant

A time of truly hideous English cars. I only saw them and Hillman Avengers when visiting New Zealand. You’ll be doing an Austin Maxi next! (That’s a joke)

James D
    Participant

Yeah you want to at least start with a car that has some styling to it. The Maxi had absolutely none. It had all the design flair of a pile of cardboard boxes.

Tony
    Participant

The rear quarter/roof of your makeover reminds me slightly of a Reliant Scimitar.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

James D, I really like the Austin Princess remakes.

The swage line running downhill to the front and the roof line the opposite direction is brilliant. It shouldn’t work, but it does – in spades!

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Reminds me of the Lancia Beta HPE!

6-8-940x529

Tony
    Participant

Interesting because the Scimitar came before the Lancia. But yeah, that one too.

James D
    Participant

Normal service is resumed. Well mostly. HereĀ“s an Austin A35 as a mini-sled. The roof would have to be mostly fabricated, it has pillarless side windows obviously, but less obvious is the raked windscreen, the lowered boot lid area and the extended rear fenders. I donĀ“t know why Austin saw fit to stop them short of the back of the car, but itĀ“s not a good look. I also raised the sills, to take out that flat piece below the door, so i could get a smooth line from the back of the car, through the fender skirt and along to the front wheel arch. Also reshaped the swage lines on the front and rear wings and raised and reshaped the front arches. I think an adult sized human could still drive it, if the seats were lowered a little. ItĀ“s about a 3″ chop, at a guess, so not loads. The Italians figured out how to make really pretty small coupes, so i donĀ“t see why this wouldnĀ“t work just as well.

s_Austin A35 2door side

Austin-A35-2door-coupe

ARTMAN
    Participant

Pretty sweet!

GoOd TiMeS !

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Did Aston Martin just pinch James Dā€™s Austin Princess redesign for its new Lagonda Vision concept car? 8^)

James D 5

James D
    Participant

ThatĀ“s it! IĀ“m suing them!

A friend said IĀ“d re-invented the Lamborghini Urraco. ll take that.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I did this Steve Stanford Design based Photoshop several years ago as a padded top version. But recently I decided I wanted to see it without the top.

Image below shows Steve Stanford’s original illustration, and the Street Rod version that was based on it, originally started by George Poteet, and later finished by somebody else. I used that photo to create a Custom Version, closer to Steve’s original version… But since the Street Rod had a top, I decided to add a Padded Top on my original version.

IG-Streamline-Pick-Up-Steve

IG-Streamline-Pick-Top

IG-Streamline-Pick-No-Top-LR

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.