Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 960 total)
  • Author
    James D
    Participant

Riley RME. Still a reasonably affordable car with a chassis construction, though i have a feelingĀ  there may be quite a lot of wood in one these things.

Rilez-RME-1952Rilez RME 1952

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Very nice. I like the factory front edge of the doors being at the same angle as the A-Pillars.

Makes me wonder how it would look with a moved back cabin and extended cowl, with the rear of the top in the stock position. …

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

The cowl moving back is really what it needs and there’s not really any reason not to do it on a separate chassis car, when you need to make new doors anyway.

Most of these old British cars have a pronounced short bonnet/long roof proportion about them that is hard to work around. I’m told these don’t really even have a metal roof under that padding, so maybe a Carson style top would be the best plan. I’ll have another look later…

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Riley RMs have padded chicken wire for the roof! I saw one peeled back once – scary!

James D
    Participant

So i didnĀ“t go for the full Talbot-Lago with the cockpit right at the back of the car in the end. This seemed to be the best balanced design that i tried. More room for a nice big straight six motor too.

Rilez-RME-19521

James D
    Participant

Two blue Vauxhalls… An FA Victor and a PA Cresta. The wraparound screens on these make them very hard to chop, so i left them uncut on both cars.F-type-Victor1F tzpe Victor

PA-Cresta-Side1

x_Vauxhall Velox 1960 side

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Great work on the Vauxhalls James. Neat projects.

The three window Riley RME is really classy… very nice proportions.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Here is one I did a while back, and added a few finishing touched to today.

1936 Ford 2-door Phaeton Custom

I found a very nice studio photo of a really nice proportioned 2-door Phaeton project on-line. The car was a Hot Rod, on a rake, big and little black tires, no top. Very nice… but I like Customs better so I had to do a custom version with nicely shaped padded top.

James D
    Participant

That’s really cool. I thought thta was a Rodders Journal cover of a real car.

David Wolk
    Participant

Rik, That is a very cool 36 2 door phaeton custom. I recently gave a friend a 36 2 door body to use for yard art. I should have kept it afterĀ seeing your photo.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I did a few more versions of the ’36 Ford 2-door phaeton.

One with black wall tires, same white top, and a few small adjustment details, One with a new shaped white padded top, with the rear quarter windows filled in, and the rear of the body reshaped for a better flow. And one with black wall tires and a dark padded top… as “requested by Q.

d1936-Ford-2-door-phaeton-bwall-tires-02

c1936-Ford-2-door-phaeton-bwall-tires-02

e1936-Ford-2-door-phaeton-bwall-tires-02

James D
    Participant

Hope iĀ“m not treading on your toes Rik, but i had to have a play too.

36-two-dr

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Not at all James.

Love it, even more streamlined.

James D
    Participant

Mk2 Ford Zodiac Convertible. These were pretty rough conversions in original form, but thereĀ“s no reason you couldnĀ“t smooth one out with a chop and a Carson style top.

Ford-Zephyr-MkII-Comvertible-sideFord Zephyr MkII Comvertible side

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Stodgy to sleek!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 960 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.