Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

This topic contains 384 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  ARTMAN 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 385 total)
  • Author

KingKustoms
    Participant

Amazing work…

Shanahan
    Participant

I like what you did with the front fenders on that one. It makes me wonder what a car like this would look like with full fade aways?

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Love the Studebaker, Rik. Really elegant. The Cadillac trim and teardrops are understated, but really make the car.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

A few weeks ago I did up a 2004 Mini Cooper convertible as a racy two-seat roadster. Yank out the rear seats, lose the top, and add a hard tonneau, similar to the ’63 TBird Roadster. Old style headlights, 60s wheels and rubber, and cut-down windscreen complete the look.

2004 MIni MkII Roadster Final

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Today I gave the Mini a makeover in a kustom style. Chopped, shaved, chrome reverse wheels to start.  Then ’69 Camaro bumperettes in front and ’62 Mercury taillight cones sunken in the back. Paint in cinnamon bronze.

2004 MIni Roadster Kustom Final

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

And a top, just in case it rains.

2004 MIni Roadster Kustom Carson Final

James D
    Participant

Did you see the Touring Superleggera MINI from a while back? Quite pretty, as they seem to have beaten almost all the MINI out of it….

James D
    Participant

From the random pics thread for Rik…lowered a little more at the back. Bumpers are just some rounded ones…maybe scaled down from a Merc, but you´d just have to find or fab something suitable.

Aside from the chop and coupe routine, there are a few tricks here. Vedettes (though this is a Vendome, with the big flathead) are very dumpy and look like they need to be sectioned a little. Obviously, that´s the last thing you want to have to do after you already spent two years chopping and two dooring the car. So you have to cheat, by adding horizontal features to the car. So not only have I kept the side chrome, but I´ve added another horizontal line at the bottom of the door. Both of these give it visual length. The next thing is the wheel arches. The originals are really small on these cars, so i raised and lengthened them both, so the car almost looks like it´s channeled and also to give some room for some big whitewalls. The long fenderskirts do the same job of adding length.

vendome_aaaaavendome_aaaa1

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Yes I saw the little details you did James…. Lots of work, but it all makes sense. Beautiful.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Did you see the Touring Superleggera MINI from a while back? Quite pretty, as they seem to have beaten almost all the MINI out of it….

Yes, I did see that one, it’s a beauty. Touring can make anything look spectacular. They are Italian, after all!

James D
    Participant

Riley Pathfinder.

Stock…

riley-pathfinder

Modified…

riley-pathfinderj

Tony
    Participant

Reminds me of a 1948 Kaiser Frazer

frazer-00001-2

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Nice James. It sure has a bit of a Kaiser Feel… or Muntz, with a metal top.

Here is one I just needed to do. Montoya Kustoms created this really nice ’37 Buick Coupe.

But I never cared much for the open hood side and outboard header looks… so I had to “fix” that for myself.

Montoya-37-Buick-RH-base

Montoya-37-Buick-RH-01

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

David Wolk
    Participant

Great improvement on the 37 Buick.

James D
    Participant

Really like the Buick. Never understood the missing hubcaps thing. It just looks unfinished.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 385 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.