Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 960 total)
  • Author
    mrjynx
    Participant

^^ Yea I am from England UK so that explains that. We don’t have lots of old American cars laying around to cut up, they tend to be expensive. And we don’t have space to have a dozen parts cars lying around to experiment. You would generally have to know what you are doing and if they are going to fit together beforehand.
    But we do have some cheap classics, for a couple of hundred pounds for a shell and some sheet metal you can experiment all you want. That shaped my mind set and my way of thinking about customising.
    Yea the matranga merc was the inspiration. maybe it can be inspiration to someone else.
    I hope I get to do more photoshopping here in the future. 🙂

Tinwolf
    Participant

Here is the latest hack , a custom that will never be built since its barely built any stock cars of this beauty 1937 Cadillac 3w Series 90 V16 . Someone made a streetrodded version so why not convert it to a custom version !!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Cool Photoshops Mister Jynx… I love those out of the box ideas.
    Love your passion for those Cadillacs Wolf…

Here is the 41 Mercury Photoshopped image Bert mentioned a few days ago.
    I did this one many years ago.. and I did a few things then, which I would not do today. Image was very low res to start with.. hence the poor quality.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tinwolf
    Participant

And tweeked just alittlebit more;

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

-49 Fleetwood 2dht , Doug built his lovely 2d post showed me the fantastic proportions of -49 Fleetwood , I made this quick awhile back , see the different lovely shapes behind my hacked pictures !!

Attachments:
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

1938 Graham built by Saoutchik… I did think one just to see how it would look with an (in my eyes) better stance and a few other details fixed…

Original

Modified

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tinwolf
    Participant

well thats an improvment , funny position of the door handle on the original picture , ribbed whitewalls and the Art Deco streamline design at its best .
    Wolf

Quentin Hall
    Participant

I think the door handle position is because of the pantograph mechanism. . . . But best we don’t get me too excited about them again.

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

Ahh , thanks for the reminder of the pantograph mechanism , pretty spectacular mechanism , I just cant see that it will hold the door in place over time , with just a small play in the hinge pins the door will misalign ? Maybe the door enters guides when close but when open will then sag ? Still a very neat mechanism that does take care of a longer door design without slamming into the next car ! I would prefer no handle thou !

KingKustoms
    Participant

SOOO much better…now it doesn’t look like a Good Humor ice cream truck anymore!

LOVE this thread… great subject Wolf.

I have always wondered how the Coachcraft 1940 Mercury roadster would have looked with real doors and stretched front fenders. Nothing extreme, just some classic restyling. Full fadeaways would also work really great… but I wanted to see it with more regular fenders first.

original photo

Digital Restyled.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Tinwolf
    Participant

-41 Cad back for sale:

jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/41-cadillac-coup

Choptop picture I started with is Riks photoshop on a older picture , I shaved it some more 🙂 !

Attachments:
    mrjynx
    Participant

^^ Its certainly sleek looking, I like.

bob tindale
    Participant

Love the chop but would try to keep the ‘b’ pillar and Caddy taillight.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Like this and with a lowered tail light fin:

Attachments:
    bob tindale
    Participant

Yes.. I like both versions.Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 960 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.