Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 956 total)
  • Author
    Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Here is the original car.

Jaguar MK II 99

Kyle Connole
    Participant

Rik, I love that Merc with the stretched front and rear fenders.

I would love to build that

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I haven’t done a Craigslist Custom in awhile. I look for interesting cars selling under $6000. Today I spotted this:

ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SPUR 1982 -SILVER/BLUE – $4900

Modern era Rolls Royce customs are rare and sometimes cartoonish. I wanted to keep the elegant lines and RR identity, just sleek it up a bit. So it is lowered and shaved. Chopped, but maybe less than 2 inches. I extended the hood to cover the top and side of the signature tombstone grille. Headlights are modified and covered with a dark Lexan covering. The wheels are updated to a later model Silver Seraph.

85 RR Silver Spur Final

And the original for comparison:

85 RR Silver Spur 99

James D
    Participant

Nice work. These are really no beauties in stock form.

Brian Arcella
    Participant

I think the door handle position is because of the pantograph mechanism. . . . But best we don’t get me too excited about them again.

That is definitely different 

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I found this 1957 English Ford Squire for sale. I liked the woody look, but it needed it a bit more pizzaz. So:

57 Squire Side Final

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

And for the front:

57 Squire Front Combo

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Stock for comparison:

Orig Combo

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

I just read Rik’s excellent article on Ed Sloan’s ’53 Plymouth. That was one of those cars that was really cool, but not quite right in the details. Larry Pointer suggested we come up with a few new digital ideas for the neglected ’53 Plymouth.

I did this one awhile ago. It started as a 1953 Cranbrook 2 door sedan which I gave the shave and lowering treatment. Then I removed the top completely and replaced it with a chopped ’50 Ford!  More ideas to come…

1953 Plymouth Top Swap Chop Final 01

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

The ’53 Plymouth Belvedere front is a messy design: lots of interesting elements, but they don’t all work together. The lower fenders tuck in in an odd fashion. The cross-bar changes width to accommodate the nice chrome center piece. The lower opening and cross-bar look like an afterthought.

I started by shaving the emblems and bumper guards. Then I eliminated pieces until I got something I could work with. Here’s how the work progressed:

Design Combo 1

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Next, I flipped the hood chrome and panelled in the lower opening. Now I had a nice shape to work with.  Here are a few ways to finished it off:

Design Combo 2

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Loving this one, Dave.  Thanks for sharing.  Anyone out there with a 53-54 Plymouth and a yen for a challenge?

Oh, Dave, Dotti and I just attended a Gypsy Jazz festival here in Billings.  There’s evidently a big insurgence in interest in the Django Reinhardt/Steffan Grappeli (spelling?) hot jazz from the Paris scene, late 30s-40s.  Six different groups, at two venues.  Loved it, and thought of you, Quentin, and Torchie.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Thanks, Larry.  Gypsy Jazz – one of my favorites!

Tony
    Participant

Larry, you should look up your own Joe Venuti and Eddie Lang. They were pre Django and Stefan.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

That 53 Plym is plum. I always loved the poor old DeSotos that sadly had there front teeth knocked out so that ten thousand Mercs could smile.

I picked up a fantastic unworn Fletcher Jones suit for $15 recently. Need a good jazz festival or a bad funeral to step out in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 956 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.