Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    James D
    Participant

I like that. These hard edged shapes were totally a thing on their own styling wise. I can remember seeing a purple Eldo in one fo the magazines years ago, where someone had sharpened up the styling of it. Aside from that, nothing i can recall. Pity, as itĀ“s sort of unexplored territory for a custom.

Some interesting concepts here….

http://www.eldorado-seville.com/mycars/67eldo/67eldohistory/

I like that too Dave.. Especially your work with the front bumper! Ā But I wanted to see what that Caddy would look like with the badges eliminated and the roofline modified to eliminate the quarter windows. Ā Forgive my messing with your artwork!

CaddyCoupe

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

James D – Thanks for the pointer to the Eldo history. I hadn’t seen that before and there were some wild ideas in clay. I love the old customs, but I like to explore newer cars, too.

Dave – looks good minus the badges!

James D
    Participant

Some time ago i did a photoshop job on a Daimler Conquest, which got me thinking about the Daimler Majestic Major. I think at the time i said something about there being some kinds of ugly that canĀ“t be fixed! Which is a pity, as these cars have a fantastic 4.5 litre Hemi V8 and it seemed such a shame not to be able to fix the…i want to say “design” or “styling”, but iĀ“m not sure it has much of either. Well, the idea wouldnĀ“t leave me alone. After I was looking at a profile of the Panoramic Ford one day and i decided i could use some of the ideas from that car (as the base cars look sooo similar…ha ha) so i added the rear fenders, front arch lips and side chrome from that car, and then reshaped the roof to suit.Ā  ThereĀ“s still kind of an awkward transition between the hard corner on the belt line and the top of the rear wing, but i think if it was handled carefully it could work.

12575bDaimler-Majestic-Major1

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Very interesting James.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

“Interesting”….hmmm…. now iĀ“m not sure what you think Rik! šŸ™‚

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ha Ha…. Interesting… as in I like it James.
    Interesting in as something I would have never thought about to turn into a sleek early 50’s styled custom car and that would come out so good looking.
    There are a lot of different shapes and movements going on in the stock version, and you managed to make them all flow in the right direction.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

Ah thanks Rik! ItĀ“s usually more interesting and always more of a challenge to start with the ugly cars and see if i can fix them. I think i should have added Buick style headlights too.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

James D – Lots of work in that one! I like it, though.

I like starting with an ugly car as a challenge, too.Ā  I tried doing a Triumph Mayflower once. It didn’t go well…

James D
    Participant

A Mayflower… i think thatĀ“s your problem right there. Those cars are tiny. Still, itĀ“s fun to try – you never know what youĀ“ll end up with.

These Daimlers are at least big, imposing, luxury cars, with a long history of coachbuilt bodies. In a way, itĀ“s nice to try and create something thatĀ“s sympathetic to that history.Ā  Something like one of the special bodied cars that you might find at the Villa d’ Este concours.

Oh yes, and more importantly theyĀ“re cheap too! Nobody wants a giant, rusty, slow, old car with limited parts availability, that is only associated with wedding limos, funeral directors and gets 12 miles per gallon. I saw a Daimler Conquest for sale today for 1600 pounds. Jeez i wish i had a garage or some space to work…

James D
    Participant

IĀ“m going out on a limb a bit here…ah…again…sorry Rik. Just an idea i had after looking at a “low drag” E Type Jag, and wondering what if….

HereĀ“s a stocker…

jaguar_xk_1949_wallpapers_1

…and hereĀ“s my go at it. I robbed the roof from one of those gorgeous Talbot Lagos…

low-drag-XK120-Jaguar

Quentin Hall
    Participant

So many cars, so little time, not enough money, too many dramas with women. . . .

Quentin Hall
    Participant
    Tinwolf
    Participant

-37 Cadillac

1937 Cadillac stock1937 Cadillac chopped 5w1937 Cadillac chopped 3w short door1937 Cadillac chopped 3w long door1937 Cadillac chopped 3w long door shorter roof

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    James D
    Participant

Nice! What do you think about a slight section too?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.