Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 956 total)
  • Author
    James D
    Participant

I see where youĀ“re going with this Dave. First time I ever straightened up a B pillar! Guess if it had been built in Europe, it might have looked more like this…51-Nash-side

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice one, James.

Bathtub Nashes were always so pudgy-looking. The tall straight sixes and eights forced them to use an ungainly high hood line. I think Nashes were designed by engineers rather than stylists.

Funny thing: Pininfarina did some really nice prototypes for Nash, but they were all rejected except the Nash-Healy. I’ve only ever seen one Nash-Healy sportscar at a show and it was stunning. Just a little bigger than a C-type Jag and it had presence in spades.

The Airflyte convert is one of the few cars that actually looked better with its top up!

Pininfarin

James D
    Participant

I wondered why the bodies were so goofy tall. Looking at most of them, you have to wonder if they employed stylists. They really should have listened to Pinin Farina!

When you photoshop something and then click back to the original jpeg – and it looks totally ridiculous – then you know somebody dropped the ball!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Like this and with a lowered tail light fin:

So the old -41 Cadillac is for sale again so figured its time to make yet another revised version for inspiration for theĀ buyer of this custom dream …

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1941-cadillac-coupe-customized-in-the-late-40s-early-50s.930903/

Extended front , fadeaway , all shaved and all molded smooth in the best Ayala design :

-41 Cad fadeaway

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice job, Tinwolf!

Tinwolf
    Participant

-37 LaSalle

37LaSalle stock

IĀ can always dream šŸ™‚ !

37LaSalle topchop

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tinwolf
    Participant

I made 3w versions for myself , the first one is same length roof as the above 5w , then my buddy suggested shorter roof so I made acouple of versions ,Ā I like the idea to see the different proportions between the roof and trunklid area even if this is a picture that is not straight from the side , still very interesting to see the different proportionsĀ :

37LaSalle topchop 3w 1

Abit shorter roof:

37LaSalle topchop 3w 2

Even shorter:

37LaSalle topchop 3w 3

Shortest version:

37LaSalle topchop 3w 4

Attachments:
    Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice ideas, Tinwolf.

I prefer the longer roof version as it balances out the super-long hood better and gives it a more luxurious feel. The LaSalle was a junior Cadillac companion make offering luxury in a slightly smaller package. That’s the look I’d go for if it were mine!

Tinwolf
    Participant

I hear you , sweet to see the different lengths to figure the best looking 3w ,

what about this one :1937 Cadillac Series 70 1937 Cadillac stock

1937 Cadillac carson

1937 Cadillac carson fade away

Attachments:
    James D
    Participant

Humber Sceptre MkII 1965

Humber-Sceptre-MkII-side22

Stock…

Humber-SIDE_880x660

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

I have always liked the Consul Capri and I think your version of the Humber resembles that a bit.

1961-Ford-Consul-Capri-side-view

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Nice one, James. Sleek!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

You know I’m a sucker for anything Cadillac Wolf. Love all the renderings you have done. I know that with my 39 that my initial chop had my 3w roof short. It gave the car a sport look. It was decadent a selfish to have so much car and small roof. . . . But the balance wasn’t quite right from certain angles perhaps about 4oclock from the rear. Kind of like when you see the perfect girl except her legs are too long and her bum is too big. ( That’s a joke, the perfect girl’s legs can never be too long and her bum never too big . . . ) But do you get me?

Rik picked up that my roof was to short and it took a couple of goes to stretch it out another 3 or 4 inches to the sweet spot. Where your eye says it is right, invariably is.

That’s probably one of the main reasons Harley Earl used clay models to translate 2d shapes into 3d, so you could look from all angles.

I am angry with a mate who didn’t buy a 35 Cadillac sedan that was a mere $2500 and a perfect custom roadster opportunity. He snoozed and loozed. Damnit.

Tinwolf
    Participant

-49 Olds Holiday Ā with a little topchop

49 Oldsmobile stock top

49 Oldsmobile choptop

Attachments:
    Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

1967 Cadillac Eldorado Fleetwood, one of Bill Mitchell’s finest designs. I did this one as a Cadillac show car and kept most of the insignia intact. Lots of custom work, but I kept it as subtle as I could – don’t want to mess with perfection!

before and after:

1967 Eldorado 001967 Eldorado Final

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 956 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.