Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

This topic contains 260 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Tartaglia 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 261 total)
  • Author

James D
    Participant

Thanks Rik. Ah i see what you mean about the quarter window. I noticed that it´s much lower at the bottom, but not that it´s higher at the top too. I guess they were using the rubber seal to fill in the space that that odd lip around the wind down windows takes up. Either way, it doesn´t look right. So i fixed it…

Dos-Rond-side2a

I´ve also liked these since i heard about them too, although i never saw one in real life until many years later, rusting quietly beside a roadside garage in France. I´m only doing this photoshop now because this is the first really good side profile picture that i´ve ever found online! I am thinking seriously about getting one. I did find a Pichon Parat Vedette coupe for sale, but it´s more work than i can be dealing with and too expensive also. I can also imagine that finding motor parts would be tough enough in France, never mind the UK, so i need a good running car.

It´s a shame these cars aren´t a little wider too. The proportions are a shade off from the front or rear, but i can´t see me getting involved in sectioning the body an inch and a half!

Different version with the side chrome from a 59 Pontiac, as well as a stepped sill panel to act as a visual return to complete the curve. This trim was used on the purple, roofless Vedette kustom that you may have seen pics of, so i know it´ll fit. I´m pretty sure it´ll be long enough too!! It matches the roof line really well.

Dos-Rond-side2b

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh yes that is much better with the rear quarter window James. The moved rearwards dip on the door also makes a huge difference. What about a slightly raised front wheel opnening, like an i nche or so, and the the same on the fenderskirts at the back. Raise those, and make them slightly longer both front and rear, to give the care a more horizontal feel.
    Also… How about using some Citroen DS hubcaps, I have always liked those, and they would be a perfect fit for the theme.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

Great ideas Rik! Thanks for that. The larger arches really slim the body. What do you think of the side chrome?

Dos-Rond-side3

Tony
    Participant

I prefer the first side trim.

James D
    Participant

I prefer the first side trim.

Hmmm….okay, good to know.

Tony
    Participant

And the revised front and rear wheel arch/skirts work better too.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The new wheel openings and fender skirts really work well, make everything more in balance with each other.
    I think I like the simple straight side trim better as well, just gives the car more optical length.
    However the boomerang trim might work with a wo tone with dark below the trim.
    Saw some unrestored vintage French cars this weekend in a village close to Paris.. Sadly no Vedette’s

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James D
    Participant

Pity, they were made near Paris, so i thought you might see one.

So i guess this is it (for now). The straight side trim would be a lot easier (and so cheaper) to do, so let´s go with that.

Dos-Rond-side3

James D
    Participant

A Morris Oxford coupé, made from the lumpy looking, only-ever-offered-as-a-four-door original.

Morris-MO-(2)b

Morris-MO-(2)

Tony
    Participant

I’ve seem similar done to Minors. Tiny!

James D
    Participant

Yes! The bigger Oxford would make a lot more sense to cut down.

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Here’s one I did awhile back. 1965 Ford for the Custom Car Caravan: The Galaxian!

Galaxian Final

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Every so often I look in my local Craigslist for custom projects under $5000. I’m drawn to unusual cars and this one fits the bill:

1951 Nash Rambler Airflyte conv. – $5000

Car is original paint no dents no rust All Chrome everything is intact tons of new parts…thank you have a good day more pics coming 5000 obo. Will trade for 32 for coupe project or 56 ford f100 project

51 Airflyte Conv 00

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

By coincidence, I watched an old Superman TV episode recently and it featured Lois Lane driving this very model. Nash was a sponsor of the show in the fifties and provided cars for the show. Lois drove the Airflyte convert, Clark Kent got the snazzy ’53 Nash Healy.

I found a nice shot of an Airflyte sliding-roof convert and did my thing:

51 Nash 99

51 Nash Final

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Then, just for fun, I colorized two black-and white photos of Lois and Clark:

Lois Lane Final

Clark Kent Final

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.