Custom Car Chronicle

Photoshop customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Photoshop customs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 957 total)
  • Author
    Tinwolf
    Participant

Im thinking every now and then what would that old car look like all done the way I like to see it done in all traditional custom era trimmings and stance ! Im not good at modifying pictures , accually quite terrible in hacking together customs out of pictures of old cars but it still gives me an early idea of what workes and doesnt work , if there is something that will spark a idea for someone , an intrest in old customs or even fuel a full blown custom car project , why not do it , post your custom car photoshop or cut togehter picures that will probaly never see the light of day but could possibly spark someone else to do something , who knows !
    To see several large bodied therties and fourties fourdoors I can dream of something like this:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tinwolf
    Participant

Here is another one I posted acoupe of weeks back but it belongs here as well so see customs where it probably never happend but atleast food for thought :

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

I dont know who made this little sweet rendering but it is beautiful ……

Attachments:
    Quentin Hall
    Participant

I’ve saved this one on my ph that Rik did. . . Both car and architecture. Oh yeah.

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

Uhh that car gives me cravings , the long front end together with a sweet 3w , wuff !!! Here is a shaved version of Riks lovely topchop on the -36 Buick Special …

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

-40 Cadillac

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

-49 Cad Fleetwood

Attachments:
    Tinwolf
    Participant

Figoni Falaschi inspired coachbuilt custom

Attachments:
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

LOVE this thread… great subject Wolf.

I have always wondered how the Coachcraft 1940 Mercury roadster would have looked with real doors and stretched front fenders. Nothing extreme, just some classic restyling. Full fadeaways would also work really great… but I wanted to see it with more regular fenders first.

original photo

Digital Restyled.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tinwolf
    Participant

Now there is a car that needs to be built , -40 Merc roadster , Duvall windshield , wuff !!!

Paul Garland
    Participant

Wow I really love it with the doors!

Torchie
    Participant

Wow I really love it with the doors!

Indeed.
    The doors make all the difference in the world.
    Torchie

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

That Mercury is absolutely stunning. I would have posted the photoshopped version Rik did of the Peter Stengel Mercury but I don’t have access to it where I am right now, think it would fit in perfect in this category. Great topic Wolf.

mrjynx
    Participant

I’ve been quietly waiting for this thread since its the only contribution I can make to the custom car world.
    Unfortunately for me I only break photoshop out when somebody else wants something done because it makes me think about doing things I wouldn’t normally even consider.

I think my 2 best / favourite things I’ve done are these.

kustom citroen

I love anything bubble top.

morris minor

This is just a morris minor, cheap cars I see all the time.
    But to me a car is just some metal on wheels that I think each person should make their own.
    like barris did with the golden sahara. just cut everything off and start again.
    Those are my favourite kind of build threads.

Tinwolf
    Participant

You picked European cars that has a really neat original design but as all carmanufacurers struggel with is to make great design praktical were custom cars in most parts only need to look great and unpracticallities like hitting your head when entering a chopped is beside the point , ofacuse the Citroen was a a ultra sleak design to start with , as a total dreamcar design its really just miss the hover function , the Morris Minor seems to be borrowing alot from 39-40 Merc design and lends it to a mini Matranga . Keep it up , dynamite inspiration for imagination , bubbletops why not go all out dreamcar and Golden Sahara , talk about a prototype car that matched and surpassed the great GM dreamcars of the time !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 957 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.