Custom Car Chronicle

Paul Bragg's 1941 Ford Custom. Latest updates

Home Forums CCC Forum Paul Bragg's 1941 Ford Custom. Latest updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Paul Bragg has been working on this really amazing 1941 Ford business coupe for his wife Pat for the last couple of years.
    Paul have been sending the Custom Car Photo Archive regular updates on the progress and today he send us the latest.

In the next couple of days I will create a new thread on the complete built on this car, but for now here are the updates. The car will be soon ready for paint.

This is what Paul mentioned about the car.

Update on 41. Frame and suspension done and on wheels. Bottom of body sealed and undercoated. Body back on frame. It’s a roller again!! Mechanical, wires, dash,etc., etc. left to do. At that point we will have 4 cars ready to blow apart for paint, interior, finish. We have not decided in what order. Have a good one. paul bragg tinguy

Here is a photo of Paul’s 1941 before he pulled it apart for all the mechanical work.

And here are the updates…

As these photos show Paul is a fantastic craftsman with a perfect eye for details.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

PalleJ
    Participant

Rik..after we visited Pat & Paul in 2010, I have had this 41 on my mind! this chop is just spot on…and the word metall finnished means much more to me now ha ha
    cant wait to see it finnished!
    -palle

Christer Ehrling
    Participant

This is one of my favorite builds from the recent years! The build quality is unparallelled, thanks for showing us. Rik, would you have a more close-up photo of the brake/clutch pedal set-up? That’s a part I am struggling with myself right now…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik, would you have a more close-up photo of the brake/clutch pedal set-up? That’s a part I am struggling with myself right now…

Sorry Christer, this is all I have received from Paul. But perhaps you can send him a PM. Paul is a member here (paul bragg, all in lower case)
    He probably can make the photos you need to see.

Rik

sled51merc
    Participant

I love ’41 Fords and this one will be up there with the best of them! I used to really enjoy going to Paso and seeing what progress Paul had made on his cars. Maybe someday I’ll be luck enough to meet him in person. I look forward to your thread on the complete build of this car Rik!

sled

Everyday above ground is a good one!

41 Ford coupes are one of my favorite cars and when executed like this they are hard to beat.Actually I was looking for one when I run across my 36 so I bought that one instead but the 41 is still sitting in my head and maybe some day who knows. This one is really neat and love the flow on the roof.

Tony
    Participant

Paul has the eye as well as the ability, looks like a beautiful car coming together. Apart from the gorgeous bodywork, I love the simple, straightforward and functional chassis.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

December 2013,
    Paul has send us some update photos of his 1941 Ford project. And we now know the color Paul and Pat have choosen for this masterpiece!

Here is what Paul wrote and send.

I’m back to work,sort of. with injury, surgery and rehab I lost 3 months plus.
    All suspension, brakes, and plumbing are in. Firewall and inner front panels are jammed. Engine, trans, driveshaft, steering column and rediator are in. I Hope to get exhaust, e-brake, and fuel tank in so we will have a runner again.
    I want it back together before overall paint. anyway, Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all!!!
    Tinguy Paul Bragg and Patticake

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks for the update Paul and Rik! Color looks great. I can’t wait to see the whole car in paint it is going to look incredible.

Christer Ehrling
    Participant

It’s so great to see another update of this car! Man, that color…

Adam Von Gerichten
    Participant

I missed the beginning of this post, thanks for the update, Rik & Paul! Again, that color is nice!!! Just like the car itself…

Big A
    Participant

Sweet colour! Looks great.

'51 Ford tudor sedan & '41 Ford business coupe

SFCC | Atlanta | Milwaukee | Toronto | Charleston

KingKustoms
    Participant

Any updates? 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Larry Pointer
    Participant

More! We want more! Big fan of Paul Bragg, not only in the execution but his eye for style, proportions, and simplicity of statement.

KingKustoms
    Participant

I have been going on Rik’s old Fotki page almost daily these past few weeks…mainly combing through Paul Bragg’s cars and work. I seriously can’t get enough of his amazing talent.

I came to search for more progress on this ’41, hoping for some good news…

Rik, do you know how Paul and his wife are doing? Is there any work still being done? I certainly hope all is well for both of them 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.