Custom Car Chronicle

Old Style Weekend Sweden 2017

Home Forums CCC Forum Old Style Weekend Sweden 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Due to circumstances there was no Old Style Weekend in Sweden last year, but for 2017 the long weekend back in time event is all back again. Sadly I could not make it this year, but Lars KjƦr was able to make it to the show from Denmark with his 1940 Mercury, and he has send some photos.. Plus I gathered some more photos from Facebook.. and will add some more later. If you went to the event, and took some pictures, please share them here.

Photos by Lars

Lars on his way to Sweden.

The world Famous Custom Car Line-Up.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Roger Nordhagen photos

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jukka Heikkinen photos

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hans Nilson photos

null

null

Larry Pointer
    Participant

What a treat! Ā Thanks to all for sharing. Ā Long live the CCC.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Here is my pictures :

fotki.com/TinWolf/abombers-old-style-2017

Wolf

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Great pictures ! Ā  I love seeing the lineup photos. If I had to pick one show to go to, this would probably be it. Great looking customs….. I’m loving the 51 mercury with I think pontiac tail lights. Ā Also very refreshing to see the 40 merc with slanted side post.

Janne Kutja
    Participant

Janne Lepola photos:
    https://www.facebook.com/janne.lepola.1/media_set?set=a.1587306258007150.1073741870.100001833725360&type=3

Now on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/kutjadesign/

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  Ric…..Looks like a great weekend……What is the future for old cars in Sweden..I read recently that it wants to be all electricĀ  in several years…….is this going to affect older collector cars…

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  Tin….Great lot of pic’s…….

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Nice action shot from the race by Oddenpix.

2n

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hi Ricā€¦..What is the future for old cars in Sweden..I read recently that it wants to be all electric in several yearsā€¦ā€¦.is this going to affect older collector carsā€¦

From what I understand this will not really affect the classic, Hot Rod and Custom Car hobby for now. The agreements made are for brand new cars. From 2030 or something like that several European countries will allow only electric cars to be sold from then on. So that will not affect gasoline driven cars, but I guess that will be tep two, to make driving gasoline powere cars, including oldtimers much more expensive. Who knows there will be a difference between regular asoline driven cars and classic cars, from a historic point of view… Who knows.

In the long term I guess it all will change. A lot of American cars being imported into the Netherlands have a natural gas system build in, since the prices for gasoline are so much higher over here than in the US, plus it is much betrer for the envirionment. So perhaps that would be a solution for more countries.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

As wrong as it may sound (silent) I would actually love a Tesla powered custom.

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  Ric…I have used LPG on all my cars for over40 years ….. our gas is half the price of petrol .Ā Ā Ā Ā  I can remember back to the 1960’s it was 3 cents a liter…its now 59c a liter still half the price of petrol….Our old car agreement is safe at the moment…it would create a massive unemployment if they stopped the use of petrol……

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

As wrong as it may sound (silent) I would actually love a Tesla powered custom.

They are actually building a Lincoln Custom, well sort of, with electric motor at Steve’s Auto Restorations.

Lot of build photos here:

http://www.realsteel.com/projects/1939-lincoln-zephyr/

ElLincoln

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.