Custom Car Chronicle

NEW Traditional Hot Rods on the CCC

Home Forums Hot Rods NEW Traditional Hot Rods on the CCC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

For all your Traditional Hot Rod topics we now have this new FORUM.

Enjoy.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Generally, there were more mild street customs cruising my neck of the woods than there were hot rods; but the older girl next door had a couple of suitors who would come by with their “rods”.  Both “lowboys” – one was a blue channeled ’34 with a custom front end similar to the one on the “Little Deuce Coupe”, the other was a blue and channeled ’30 coupe with candy stripe tuck & roll even on the firewall and rear inner fenders.  With those two cars swimming around in my head, model cars on my shelf, Grabowski’s T on T.V., and, the first magazine I noticed as a youngster: The Hot Rod issue with Lloyd Bakan’s coupe on the cover I was hooked!

When I was finally able to begin gathering parts for my “rod”, I recalled all those past influences and set out to build my car with the look of a build from the late ’50s, early ’60s.  The only parts newer than 1963 are the ’65 front discs, the 700R4 and the radial tires (which I regret but cannot afford to change right now).  Even the power windows are controlled with ’55 Tbird switches.  My basic plan (had to be a blue coupe!), was to emulate the look of the Bakan coupe with a nod of the head to Norm’s T and the decal sheets from my model building days. Imagining a kid building his car using a demolished Sting Ray for parts, I used the engine, interior lights, steering wheel, brakes, etc. to put my dream hot rod together.

So, here is my hot rod: Everyone should have a rod parked alongside their custom – right?

ErniesBarberShp

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.